Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn Aura > Saturn Aura - Technical

Old 03-10-2007, 04:41 AM   #1
accorded
Banned

Default Aura front lip spoiler question

Cracked the black lip spoiler already on a steep entrance

Just wanted to know how it attaches before I try to tackle this myself.

Thanks

accorded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:51 AM   #2
Ssicarman

Welcome to the Board.

Remove the engine splash shield. Then should be some screws at the wheel wells and then the center tabed/clipped into place. That is about the best that I can get from the service manual. Should be fairly straight forward. Use common sense and it should be no problem.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:13 AM   #3
accorded
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssicarman
Welcome to the Board.

Remove the engine splash shield. Then should be some screws at the wheel wells and then the center tabed/clipped into place. That is about the best that I can get from the service manual. Should be fairly straight forward. Use common sense and it should be no problem.
Thanks for the speedy reply, just wanted a heads up so I wouldn't run into any hidden problems.

Any place besides the dealer to get the lip? They want about $70 for one, the parts guy said he usually stocks them because it is quite common for the lip to get damaged.
accorded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #4
Ssicarman

This is the kind of part the aftermarket would likely never produce. Combine that with the car model being so new even if there was aftermarket sources I doubt that they would have it yet.

So shirt of a wrecking yard Saturn is it.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #5
88Nightmare
Banned

just an FYI, maybe im too late on this thread...

the dealership told me that its a common problem with these lower lips to crack. Ours cracked, and Saturn replaced it for free with an updated version of it.
88Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
jonnyrocket92

yes if it is a newer one, you may be able to get it replaced for free... I have done about 20 of these... if you do have to pay for it,

1. there are 7mm screws holding it on as well as 2 push clips.

2. you should remove the screw holders be for removing the lower lip due to it will not come out with them attched, it's a small hole the tabs go into..

3. pull, pull, don't be scared to break the rest of the lower plastic pices, they can be stubern.

4. after your done place new one in holes, and put screw clips back on.."there is a grove cut out on them make sure they are facing the engine bay side" and tightn the screws and re attch the push clips..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

spoc pa prez.

ex-saturn mechanic.
jonnyrocket92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
BC3Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Nightmare View Post
just an FYI, maybe im too late on this thread...

the dealership told me that its a common problem with these lower lips to crack. Ours cracked, and Saturn replaced it for free with an updated version of it.
+1 there's a TSB on this.

188.28whp / 175.03wtq -
- 10psi
BC3Tech is offline   Reply With Quote