Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > General Saturn Model Range Discussion > Bodywork/Interior Care & Repair

Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 AM   #1
absolutelyapril
Banned

Smile Stereo Console

Hello I'm new.

I just bought my Saturn this past week. It's a '96 SC2 that I bought for $550. The outside looks pretty great and it runs amazingly. However, the inside needs some TLC. Particularly, the stereo console needs replacing. It's falling out entirely and the previous owner ducktaped it to the dash. The stereo was custom installed by the previous owner and not done so very well.

I've looked around on the internet to see what I can find, but I can't locate an entire stereo console for stock replacement. I found a lot of dash covers/replacement things, but that's not what I need. I know I can probably have it ordered from a dealership, but I would rather not do that since I'm sure it would cost more.

Any suggested websites to visit for this?

absolutelyapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
jonnyrocket92

if you only need a stereo you can pick upo a factory one at al junk yard, a dealership is going to want a arm and a leg for "theyer" radio. better off going with a aftermarket

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

spoc pa prez.

ex-saturn mechanic.
jonnyrocket92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
madbrad

I htink he needs the plastic dash part that surrounds the radio and climate controls. A boneyard is the best place for that. I expect at the place I frequent, it would be at most $10. Any stereo shop can sell you the dash kit to install an aftermarket DIN radio there, if that's busted too. That should be under $20.

07 Impala SS
98 Grand Voyager LE
madbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
saturn298
Banned

I have a stock cd player for a 98 if u want to buy it give me a price
saturn298 is offline   Reply With Quote