Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > How Do You Fix This? > Technical Issues

Old 04-11-2005, 01:16 AM   #11
mmoore181

Well, the main cat was definitely plugged, but I'm not sure that it was the pre-cat that did it. The only reason I say that is because I looked at the pre-cat myself, and even compared it to a new one, and the filter material was still intact.

I don't know what else could've cause the cat to get plugged? I just don't know much about catalytic converters -- I stick to plugs and wires and belts. Haha.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:20 AM   #12
Ssicarman

If the honeycomb material in the precat was still looking ok then you should have no problems.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #13
kingspadeshan
Banned

hello im new here
I have a 1997 Saturn SC1 and have replaced the plugs,wires,02 sensor and crank sensor and still get the random misfire code and I can not get it smogged. I have cleaned the EGR valve and still get the code. Can anyone recommend the cheapest route to go to try and see what is wrong?
Thanks
kingspadeshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
ASMEQC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore181 View Post
Hey all, new to the board. Just bought a used 2000 Saturn SC2, manual transmission. It ran great for the first few weeks, but now I am having problems with misfiring.

I ran an OBD II scan and came back with P0300, which is a general/random misfire. The code was pending (whatever that means?).

The problem is this: at highway speeds (usually in 4th or 5th gear), the car will studder and misfire under a light load. If I take my foot completely off the gas, the problem goes away. If I floor it, the problem goes away. Only when I apply a little pressure to the gas pedal does the misfiring occur. Some days are better than others.

Since I bought this thing used, I don't really know when it had its last tune-up, etc. I replaced the air filter, which was really dirty, so it might've been a while since the previous owner tuned it up.

Before I take it into the shop or do some home repairs, I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice. Anything is greatly appreciated.
Hey this might help, the other day I was working on my Mom's car and she needed it ASAP so I threw things together. I forgot to plug in the upstream O2 sensor, she started the car for about 30 seconds when I remembered and came back out stopped her from leaving and plugged together the sensor. Later I did a scan using a Innova 3140b and got the P0300 error.
ASMEQC is offline   Reply With Quote