Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > How Do You Fix This? > Technical Issues

Old 03-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
uluz2a6

Question Ion trouble shooting

I just bought a 2004 Ion for my newest project. This will be my first time working on the 2.2 Ecotech. Former owner claims it had a head gasket diagnosed as blow and parked the car. It has been sitting for 3 months. When I arrived I inspected coolant and oil. Both fluids were at the correct level and without even a trace of foreign liquids present. I asked her for symptoms that lead her to have it serviced. I was surprised to learn that the issue was only that the car stalls from time to time and was becoming more frequent. So I asked for the key and it fired up immediately with now SES light present. Took on a small test drive of 7 miles and only just I was I returning it did it stall. It was at a light w foot on the brake and it instantly restarted and completed the trip. Her claim is, as well as my observation, that it never overheats. My code reader shows zero current or stored codes. Obviously I plan on doing a compression test as well as fuel pressure reading.

I'm just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone else. Any ideas are welcome.

BTW, car has 170K and is an automatic. Routine maintenance shown by stack of receipts.

Last edited by uluz2a6; 03-02-2014 at 10:19 PM..
uluz2a6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #2
FixaSaturn

Thumbs up Don't trust EVERY reciept

I would double check -over things like the spark plugs and boots (one might be cracked or worn). Check over all the connections and groundings on the pack, could also be the ignition pack(or one of the coils), but you would need a scope to check for that. Look CAREFULLY at the throttle body for stripped mounting screws/bolts and for a soft/pliable mounting seal. Clean away (with carb spray) dirt/carbon on throttle.

Good luck, Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Electric is the future... Solar and wind for fuel!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

**RG**
FixaSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:44 AM   #3
pmbc01
Banned

» Gi?i thi?u : Ch?c nang c?a Ph?n M?m B*o C? l* t? d?ng d?t cu?c v*o 2 nh* m?ng d? l?y Commision ( buôn c?). Ph?n m?m chuyên nghi?p dùng b*o c?, buôn COM ho*n to*n t? d?ng d*nh cho nh?ng m?ng banh bóng l?n nhu: ibet888, sbobet, 3in1bet, ibcbet, abobet, cmdbet, m88, 12bet.
- Ph?n m?m t? d?ng dò tìm giá c?a 2 kèo, d? t? d?ng d?t cu?c ch*nh xác theo c*i d?t, gi?m tai n?n trong vi?c b*o c? bu?n COM t?i m?c th?p nh?t.
- Ph?n m?m có th? tùy ch?n cu?c theo các lo?i kèo (1 giá v* 2 giá) m* khách h*ng mong mu?n nhu:
- Cu?c Over / Under v* Handicap.
- Cu?c theo gi?i d?u.
Luôn c?p nh?t nh?ng s?n ph?n m?i t?t nh?t hi?n nay.
Hi?n chúng tôi dang có m?t s? s?n ph?m m?i.
Liên H? d? bi?t chi ti?t thông tin ph?n m?m b?n c?n nhé.» Gi?i thi?u : Ch?c nang c?a Ph?n M?m B*o C? l* t? d?ng d?t cu?c v*o 2 nh* m?ng d? l?y Commision ( buôn c?). Ph?n m?m chuyên nghi?p dùng b*o c?, buôn COM ho*n to*n t? d?ng d*nh cho nh?ng m?ng banh bóng l?n nhu: ibet888, sbobet..
- Ph?n m?m t? d?ng dò tìm giá c?a 2 kèo, d? t? d?ng d?t cu?c ch*nh xác theo c*i d?t, gi?m tai n?n trong vi?c b*o c? bu?n COM t?i m?c th?p nh?t.
- Ph?n m?m có th? tùy ch?n cu?c theo các lo?i kèo (1 giá v* 2 giá) m* khách h*ng mong mu?n nhu:
- Cu?c Over / Under v* Handicap.
- Cu?c theo gi?i d?u.
Luôn c?p nh?t nh?ng s?n ph?n m?i t?t nh?t hi?n nay.
Hi?n chúng tôi dang có m?t s? s?n ph?m m?i.
Liên H? d? bi?t chi ti?t thông tin ph?n m?m b?n c?n nhé.

[size=5]DT: 0908 961 075 ( TRUONG )
pmbc01 is offline   Reply With Quote