Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > General Discussion

Old 12-31-2014, 01:07 AM   #11
derfderf

I would never ask that of you goalie and would be disappointed if you did divulge said info.

Cg -- it's all cool. No more requests from me.
For the record I too enjoy Earl Grey, but black.

Road trip? Anything is possible.

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"

Last edited by derfderf; 12-31-2014 at 05:04 AM..
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:23 AM   #12
cg admin
Community Administrator

derfderf, that 6 or 7 hour trip could turn out to be dangerous on the roads around here
I am in Upstate NY, Adirondack mountains, the brutal winter has hit us square in the face

lol really curious now, how do you know I'm not on the west coast? (I'd love to visit there some day though)
cg admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:56 AM   #13
goaliemo
Community Moderator

I would be game with a road trip over the summer, derf.
I believe Charlie (from SF) is only 6 hours from me now.
I am sure we could figure something out.

Pshhh, bad roads. Just make sure you have winter air in your tires and youll be fine!
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
goaliemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:02 AM   #14
derfderf

ah, cg, the mystery is no more. Thank you for sharing.
Sounds like spring or summer would be better indeed, though I miss driving in crazy snow out in wisconsin where I lived for 7 yrs going to grad school.

But they had the equipment to keep everything clear-ish unless it was a whiteout/blizzard. And you learned never to let the car come to a complete stop if you could avoid it -- momentum is your friend. I also learned the virtues of testing your car out in a huge parking lot when snowing so you know pretty much exactly what it will do in real life driving. Saved many a situation with the gas pedal. Only one 360 in 7 years -- 2 lane road, going too fast, fishtailed, overcorrected, reovercorrercted, and around we went. I steered and gassed it just shy of the curb.

Damn am I off topic.

I was in Nashville a few months back and tried to meet up w Rube but we couldn't make ir happen. I fear he will move to Florida long before we get the road trip together. Not saying he won't come............

And cg, I knew you were not from the west coast both by intuition and by the way you speak/type. I was guessing New England. Close but no cigar.

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:29 AM   #15
cg admin
Community Administrator

Quote:
But they had the equipment to keep everything clear-ish unless it was a whiteout/blizzard.
Yep same here. Heavy snow is not a big deal around here. They are quick clearing the main roads (but not our back roads). Kids have snow days, but the schools don't usually close for heavy snow. When they close it's because of the cold. Like 20 or 30 below zero and a good strong wind is reason to close the schools. We get snow from October until April, and in the woods it doesn't melt until well into May most years. This year is different. I've lived in the Adirondacks for over 20 years now, and this was my first "green" Christmas up here. Very strange. We did get dumped on with snow right after Christmas and it's trying to make up now for lost time.
cg admin is offline   Reply With Quote