Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn S-Series > Saturn S-Series - Technical

Old 04-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #1
Brandie91

Default HELP 98 SC1 stereo wiring problems!!!

Before I read in the forums how bad it is to cut the wires of the stock stereo, I did just that trying to install an aftermarket stereo. Well the new stereo wasnt compatible with my car (it kept blowing the chime fuse, causing the car to not start). So I got rid of the new stereo and now I need to hook the factory stereo back up. I thought this would be a simple task of just matching the colors up and I would have a radio again. I have successfully re-wired some of the wires, but I have ran into a few problems. First of all the Orange Battery/Constant wire has came loose from the factory harness and Im not sure how to get it back in. My other problem is there are multiples of certain colors and Im not sure how to tell which goes with which. For example, I have two Yellow wires, one of which goes to LR- speaker and goes to the Ignition. So is there any way to tell the difference? I also have two Brown wires, one is Illumination and the other LR+ ... and I have 3 dark green wires which has me really confused because everything I have read says there should be two, one for the Dimmer and the other RF-. Can anyone please help me???!!

Brandie91 is offline   Reply With Quote