Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn Outlook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 AM   #1
CamasD90
Banned

Default 2008 Saturn Outlook steering wheel locking up!

Hello

We recently had our Saturn Outlook XR transmission fully replaced at only 66k miles and a short few days within the Power train warranty. I also had dealer which is Carr Cadillac GMC in Vancouver, WA where we purchased vehicle to check steering column issue as it has been clicking and annoying but whats worse is it has on occassion locked up where you can no longer steer. Diagnosis was a bad bushing and I had to pay them $85 to tell me that even though it was already in for a full transmission replacement. i had to have it towed in as well.

This is a major safety concern and issue that the Carr dealer informed me GM is aware of but it would not be covered under Power Train and thus I was looking at a $1400 repair to replace column. I don't even know if thats what is causing it to "lock up". Needless to say this should have never have defaulted especially on a vehicle that is garage kept, never been off road and I am still stunned that GM would not cover this safety problem.

It locked up again today in a parking lot after backing up and my wife said she had to put car in park then reverse, park then reverse and then it finally released allowing the steering to move. Since having transmission replaced a month ago and this locked steering issue, my wife is scared to drive her Outlook which is now in garage and Im still making payments on.

Can you imagine if steering wheel locked up and you no longer had any steering going over a overpass or bridge...heck, anything.

Is there someone within GM customer care who can look into helping me get this fixed as this has to be a life safety issue and a faulty steering column or something thats causing this. I am not very happy to say the least especially after this happening again today...

Jonathan Nelson

CamasD90 is offline   Reply With Quote