Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > SaturnSpot.com Marketplace

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in buying one?
I need more information 3 25.00%
No 1 8.33%
Probably 2 16.67%
Yes 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #21
axe9

How many engine lights would you like, and what color?

Do you want them independently controlled, or would you be fine having them all on one controller?

I think what I'm going to do is have the power box in the engine bay, and the control panel on the dash. Sound good to people? That way, you can just route power to the engine bay, and not have to worry about messing with anything but your dashboard. Just need to find an affective way to get from the engine bay to the dash, and I'll be set.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #22
Brianritchie21787

anything blue for me.. i could use some under the hood and maybe some step lights? so when you open the door, they shine on the ground?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

alignment technician/service manager
Old 03-26-2007, 06:27 PM   #23
DemonSatty

well, do you need a seprate controller for the Hvac leds? If we are just replacing the bulbs w/ LEDs cant we just put the leds where the current bulbs are. I sure we would have to use a resistor in order not to blow them (they use less power than the bulbs right? as long as we can get them mounted in the correct position to illuminate things...Ive got some red ones, for my model car hobby, I may look into this myself this weekend.

wait, if the HVAC controlls have that blue area for temp selection, and we replace that bulb w/ a red LED....wont that make the blue area into purple?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #24
axe9

Yes. it changes the coloring a bit.

The HVAC lights wouldn't be on the controler. It would only be used to control non-standard lighting, not direct replacements. But there is some modification needed for the LEDs to work with the HVAC unit.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:24 AM   #25
ShadowSC2

I think someone needs to make a list of suggestions in one post here. An Idea that would be cool, if you're putting the main box in the engine bay with a control switch in the dash, how about making it sorta like a plug-n-play where if you get one item from you to start and you want to add more, you can just run it to the same set up. Sort of like when you add hardware upgrades to your pc.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #26
axe9

That's what I'm intending.
Each type of light will have it's only control, and you should, theoretically, be able to put as many on one control as you can fit...
Old 03-27-2007, 02:34 AM   #27
axe9

So... got bored and decided to sketch some stuff out...

Sorta, barring color, how things will be arranged, and how the wires will be routed... sorta... each crowfoot thingy will be one 100degree LED. angled for best view. The red bars will be like.. strips of LEDS on a solid backing. of some sort...

Sorta a vague idea what the power box will look like...

Vaguely what the control will look like...

REALLY rough.. but you guys kinda get the idea right?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:46 AM   #28
axe9

Forgot to add this.

The lights controller will look sorta like this:

I could also just mod one of those things, but it would make the price go up a little.
Again, this is all just sorta off the top of my head.

Sorry for the triple post >_>
Old 03-27-2007, 03:23 AM   #29
sc2uned

maybe like four or so for he engine bay depending on how bright they are, one controller and red for sure, is a dome light on your list?

3 engines
2 clutches
1 hell of alot of fun
Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 AM   #30
axe9

Indeed it is. But I wouldn't figure you'd want the domelight on the main controller. wouldn't you use the stock switch?