Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2002, 04:22 AM   #1
craigmpak

Default For those of you wanting more power!!!!!!

You know after 8 years of owning a Saturn, you realize it's only a car. A car with a certain amount of horsepower can only be modified to a certain extent. I've spent many years watching young guys modify their cars to squeeze out every last drop of performance and man, is it worth it? What do you gain? Bragging rights while the dude in the blown Honda civic flys by you?

I will tell you what to do, keep the car stock and get yourself a motorcycle. Ya, you want performance? In my quest for more power, after a 7 year hibernation from the sport, I decided to get another motorcycle. I bought the bike new, a Bandit 600S and instead of buying an exhaust, advancing the timing, opening the airbox to make a few measly ponies .... I decided to trade it in (after 2 months !!!) Buy a car/motorcycle designed from the factory to produce horsepower ..... and save your money. Sure modding small cars are all the rage but man, get a bike and find out what REAL performance is.

My new Busa, (2 days old and no tickets) is blazingly fast ...... even most 600s and 750s will smoke any vehicle on the road today.

I'm just saying that if you're a young guy looking for a fast ride, go the motorcycle route ........ you'll get there a lot faster.

Craig
(old Saturn Gallery owner - ex Saturn Worshiper (still like Saturn as a car though) and new Suzuki fan!

Old 07-11-2002, 04:29 AM   #2
craigmpak

Does anybody here have a bike???????

Curious
Old 07-11-2002, 06:04 AM   #3
clc
Banned

I dont have a bike. YET!!! In the fall however, I will be looking into a used 600 of some sort. Any suggestions on a good 600?

As for your opinion on buying a car that is already "factory equipped" for performance, I say "Where the hell is the fun in that?"
Hehe.
clc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 08:17 AM   #4
Malice Racing

i thought about a bike. but shot the idea down real fast. here's why:

people are stupid
bikes are invisible
no matter whose fault it is, the biker dies.

that said, i always try to hang back 3-4 carlengths from a bike and let them do their thing. but someone always cuts me off and rides their ass. truly sickining.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'95 SL1
'94 SW2 RallySport: DESTROYED BY HURRICANE
For Sale:
'95 SL2, new paint $2900
Malice Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 12:45 PM   #5
craigmpak

If I get a tailgater, I turn around and give them the finger.

As for a good 600 ..... if you're looking for sporty, get the GSXR but make sure they performed the maintenance at the scheduled intervals ..... if they did the bike will last forever. Katanas are also very reliable. Any Yamaha should be a good buy too, well engineered.

Craig
Old 07-11-2002, 12:46 PM   #6
craigmpak

Hey clc, when you do get that bike, I predict that your car will cease any further mods ...... you will pump them all into the bike

Old 07-11-2002, 01:19 PM   #7
Joeybagodonuts

woo hoo, geez, were so honored! LOL, the man, the myth the legend, the owner of the one time largest saturn site on the net, my faithful canukian web designer (yes guys, this is the man behind me that few know about, he does ALL my web design, and is currently working on topnotchusedparts.com my new honda scrapyard)
craig, thansk SO much for joining! with, you tommy, pete, jimmy, will someone please call the meeting of canadians anonymous to order please? muahahhaahha
hey guys, see that bike, thats cool azz american dollars paying for it LOL!
(craig knows, inside joke about our exchange rates!)
welcome knob, thanks for stopping in, and please, bring some of your saturn knowledge to our board occasionally!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIVE BENE, SPESSO L'AMORE,DIRISATA MOLTO
"live well, love much, laugh often"
SATURNSPOT.COM ADMINSTRATION
Joeybagodonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:16 PM   #8
ProjectSW1

I know that bikes are fast as sin...

BUT... I've seen a guy go thru a chain link fence and come out "cubed" on the other side... I'll pass thanks

It slices, It dices... the AMAZING CROTCH ROCKET

heh

----==[ ProjectSW1 ]==----

Coming Soon! A New Saturn Online Community / Information Center
ProjectSW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 04:03 PM   #9
brettmeyers

I'd personally like to get a motorcycle, but like Malice said, your tiny compared to that truck thats headed toward you.
brettmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 06:03 PM   #10
2001blueSC2

you know what, though? Yeah, sure, you can buy a bike and get IMMEDIATE results, but you didn't know anything to get that power (except for buy it). When you have a small car and mod it...even if it is squeezing out some measly little horsies, its the idea that YOU squeezed out more power. THat car is fast because YOU made a difference in that engine. Like you said, its a rage...you know what I mean?

You can even get a fast car and do NOTHING to it (like a corvette or mustang..etc...) but then its the same as a bike! You didn't do anything to get that power....ohh well, just my opinion...

I take pride in making a saturn faster...and what makes it funnier is the fact that it IS a saturn...not a civic or any other car out there...
2001blueSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote