Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn Vue > Saturn Vue - Technical

Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
shelbyohio
Banned

Default 2009 Vue XR - key fob option issues

I recently purchased a 2009 Saturn Vue XR FWD. Last night, I was playing with the options using the buttons inside the car (the buttons by the driver's door, under the headlight switch). It verified that the door lock with key fob option was changed to flash lights and honk horn (when the lock button is pushed a second time). It worked when I exited the car but after I drive it, get out, and lock the doors, it did not flash the lights or honk the horn. When I looked up the option again in the car, it had reverted back to the "off" option. It keeps doing this - it works the after I select it until I drive it and use it again. Is there any way to keep it from reverting back to the original selection?

Any help is appreciated.

shelbyohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
RjION

Take a photo and post it of this optional switch.

Shut up and drive.
I have SL2, SW2, & ION pictures in the gallery under SaturnSdn & RjION
RjION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
GMCustomerService

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyohio View Post
I recently purchased a 2009 Saturn Vue XR FWD. Last night, I was playing with the options using the buttons inside the car (the buttons by the driver's door, under the headlight switch). It verified that the door lock with key fob option was changed to flash lights and honk horn (when the lock button is pushed a second time). It worked when I exited the car but after I drive it, get out, and lock the doors, it did not flash the lights or honk the horn. When I looked up the option again in the car, it had reverted back to the "off" option. It keeps doing this - it works the after I select it until I drive it and use it again. Is there any way to keep it from reverting back to the original selection?

Any help is appreciated.
shelbyohio,

Congratulations on your new Saturn purchase! Based on your description, it sounds as though you may not have "set" the setting when it is displayed on the DIC. When the setting you would like is displayed on the DIC, press the set/reset button.

Another possibility is a different setting is being "set" by mistake.

Please refer to pages 3-59 and 3-60 of the owner's manual for additional information. You may also try restoring the settings to the factory settings using the instructions on page 3-63.

For your reference, a digital copy of the manual is available at: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...Saturn-Vue.pdf

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service