Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn L-Series

Old 03-10-2016, 02:03 PM   #1
Brad Mac Guy

Default 2002 L300 Mind Boggling Sunroof Issue

I have an issue with me 2002 L300 Sunroof. The sunroof has never worked (I've only had the car a year) but with summer coming up I want it to work. I removed the original motor and then the rear end of the sunroof went down. I figured that was because of the loss of tention on the drive shaft. I was curious about the motor and hotwired the motor direct power terminals (once I removed the circuit board) to the battery and the motor spun. At that point I figured that the board was busted and bought an entire motor/board assemby identical to mine from a 2011 Saturn wreck along with a new switch just to garantee that they would work. I hooked up the motor adapter to the motor and the switch adapter to the switch and tried turning it on with the car off, on ACC power, then running. Nothing ever happened. I am confused on where to go from here. It seems like the sunroof is connected to same power lines as the rear view mirror lights and sun visor mirror lights, all of which are working fine. Any help on where something is wrong or suggestions of what to do to fix my odd dilema would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Brad

Brad Mac Guy is offline   Reply With Quote