Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn L-Series

Old 03-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
tamsturn

Default Both Fans stopped and ac blows warm air

I have a 2002 Saturn L200 with 65000 miles on it. It belonged to an older lady that never drove it and it is in great condition. About a month ago everything was working great. I get in the car, turn it on and turn on the AC and it blows warm. Then I realized both fans are not working. After direct wiring both fans I get both of them to work so I know the fans are good. Then I replaced the temperature sensor and it still does not fix it. I took it to an ac shop and they say compressors bad, 750.00. So this is what confuses me. I am being told that in order for the fans to work again, I need to replace the compressor to the ac. I can not afford that so I will be happy without AC but the fan to the radiator needs to work. I am in Florida and the hot weather is already here. Any one else had this kind of issue?

Thanks Tam in Tampa

tamsturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:27 AM   #2
derfderf

did you check the fan relay? Usually there are other identical relays in the fusebox you can use for tessting as long as you are judicious in which one you pull

If we can't get to the bottom of it, you can always wire up a dash mounted manual fan switch; s car owners have been doing it for decades

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #3
tamsturn

Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I ended up taking it to the ac shop and they said the compressor was bad. After they replaced that with a couple other ac things, all fans are working again
tamsturn is offline   Reply With Quote