Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn Outlook

Old 07-04-2013, 03:20 AM   #11
Ssicarman

You might want to send a PM (private message) rather than publicly post VIN and other identifying info. Let me know if you want the above deleted if you can't edit it

Last edited by Ssicarman; 07-05-2013 at 12:43 AM..
Ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #12
ych
Banned

Please do! Thx
ych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #13
marcmmayer
Banned

Default saturn outlook steering issue

I have a 2008 outlook, or should say HAD!!! last winter after the vehicle being in the shop 4 times for the steering locking and being told they couldnt re-create the problem and sending me on my way or best response, if i feel its not safe, dont drive it, I was heading home from the cottage when it locked again while exiting a corner causing me to go off the road, down an embankment where i ran into some tree's. guess on the way threw the tree's i tore a fuel or oil line cause it burst into flames and burnt to the ground. Lucky my 3 and 5 year old weren't in the vehicle. Spoke to GM customer service and got no where and haven't heard back from them since. Found out a few months after it burnt that the gm mechanic that looked at my vehicle 3 times was a clean up guy and had no mechanics licence or even an apprenticeship. new vehicle is a toyota venza as my wife no longer feels safe in a GM and unless GM comes clean with me my silverado will be gone and replaced with something other than GM.
will be the first time in 25 years i own something other than a GM.
marcmmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #14
ych
Banned

@Marcmmayer...jeez. I do not or should I say can not incur large repair costs for something that GM knows is a systemic problem. The issues with the steering is all over the internet. My co-worker had the same problem with his and spent about 2k in repairs before he traded with a huge down payment just to get rid of it. This week I started talking to anyone with an Outlook and all owners hate the winding and grinding noise and some repeated horror stories like yours. I am dropping mine off with the dealer and will take copies of customer complaints with me.....they need to do a recall. Maybe someone has to die first.

Last edited by ych; 07-05-2013 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 07-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #15
ych
Banned

Default 2008 Saturn Outlook Power Steering

Well, I wasted 110.00 for a diagnostic only to find out the same thing I learned from posts all over the internet regarding the Power Steering. Bottom line, needs new pump, gear box, etc etc...2,600 for now....The GM repair guy looked like he's heard it all before....
Old 08-08-2013, 03:38 AM   #16
Triggans2
Banned

Unhappy Power steering locking up!!!!

Last night I was leaving the house and attempted to turn down the street and it felt like the power steering just failed. It was so bad I thought I had a flat tire! It seemed to go away. Then tonight my wife drove it to pick up our daughter and got stuck in a parking spot. We are a family of 6 and need this car to be dependable and so far we have not experienced it. Are there any recalls yet? There seems to be a lot of the same steering issues posted here. GM can you help with a cheap safe fix?
Triggans2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #17
GMCustomerService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggans2 View Post
Last night I was leaving the house and attempted to turn down the street and it felt like the power steering just failed. It was so bad I thought I had a flat tire! It seemed to go away. Then tonight my wife drove it to pick up our daughter and got stuck in a parking spot. We are a family of 6 and need this car to be dependable and so far we have not experienced it. Are there any recalls yet? There seems to be a lot of the same steering issues posted here. GM can you help with a cheap safe fix?
Triggans2,

Extremely sorry to hear of your vehicle concerns and I'm sure that this is frustrating for you. While we are unable to guarantee any particular outcome, we can definitely explore these matters for you. Feel free to send us a private message (include full name, address, phone number, VIN and mileage) when you are able.

Sincerely,

William R. (assisting Erica & Marlea)
GM Customer Care
Old 08-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #18
Triggans2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
Triggans2,

Extremely sorry to hear of your vehicle concerns and I'm sure that this is frustrating for you. While we are unable to guarantee any particular outcome, we can definitely explore these matters for you. Feel free to send us a private message (include full name, address, phone number, VIN and mileage) when you are able.

Sincerely,

William R. (assisting Erica & Marlea)
GM Customer Care
I can't send a private message is there another way to get my info to you?
Old 08-09-2013, 01:08 AM   #19
Ssicarman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggans2 View Post
I can't send a private message is there another way to get my info to you?
Why not?

Click on their name, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the send a private message link.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #20
Triggans2
Banned

I get an error since I'm new to the forum