Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Products

Old 02-28-2004, 02:15 AM   #1
RACINGSATURN
Banned

Default !!!!CHECK THIS OUT!!!! FLUIDYNE

Thanks to Saturnmotorsports we now have FLUIDYNE!!!!!! Spread the word....Fluidyne for all S-series, DOHC/SOHC 93-02.

Check it out..............
http://www.saturnmotorsports.com/sto...sp?prodtype=73

RACINGSATURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 03:36 AM   #2
Robert-sl2

I would love to have one of those... but $649.95

I will stick to my $120.00 parts store rad with lifetime warranty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(no longer mine)
Proud Owner of a 2005 Storm Grey Saturn Vue
Robert-sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:47 AM   #3
SCdyne

Oh yea? every forum too ..yea right..
NO.

It's expensive for 2 reasons...
1. It has a butt-load of hand welded on pieces to make it have that OEM fit. It's one of 3 of FLuidynes most complex units.
2. SMS is a retailer of a product and needs to make an honest profit to make it worth the effort of selling..

The problem comes in that the time invested on the part of SMS is ZERO so the level of profit should be minimal. 1. to have a better overall MSRP and 2. to promote the product in the name of the customer and not $$ in the pocket of some useless retailer.

Keystone has it too along with every retailer from Summit to jegs if the price isn't competative then look elsewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Tune it or lose it!"
SCdyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 05:41 AM   #4
Malice Racing

it's nice, and again a brand i'd trust. but i don't think i'll be buying a $700 radiator any time soon...

'95 SL1
'94 SW2 RallySport: DESTROYED BY HURRICANE
For Sale:
'95 SL2, new paint $2900
Malice Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:35 AM   #5
DILLIGAF

watch out, someone is gonna jump in this thread and say, that if we don't buy this **** up, then they'll never make another product for us.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:09 PM   #6
Revolver

Its nice that they are making new parts for the S series, but they are a little high priced. Most Fluidyne radatiors cost around $600 (even for Honduhs).

To bad they can't get the one thing people want right....the turbo .

52 Buick Eight - Riviera
95 Ford Explorer - Work Vehicle w/ free Gas!
01 Silverado 2500 H/D
05 Sorento
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:22 PM   #7
Hardwire6

id pay 3-4000 for a tubo kit if it came with a new computer. So all i had to do was install the kit plug in the comp. and be done with it.

sorry ill stick to my one year plan of building my own low cost and low boost kit. withe EIC (extra injector controler)

at least i know it works.... AND well.
3 3/4 inch drop and other unnessicary crap.

'95 sc-2 with a '97 motor mp3 trani 15 inch lift, no tires, rims, hubs, spindles, and has a permenent home on jack stands till she is nekkid.
Hardwire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:31 PM   #8
Malice Racing

actually if you go to summitracing.com and check out the fluidyne radiators for hondas and whatnbot they are about $400. they don't have the saturn part listed yet.

'95 SL1
'94 SW2 RallySport: DESTROYED BY HURRICANE
For Sale:
'95 SL2, new paint $2900
Malice Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 05:40 PM   #9
sc2_ct

Yeah, and the radiators for the Camaro list for $650 - what's your point? The fact is that there are a number of factors that go into pricing: the size of the production run, the complexity of the part and the materials used. Do you honestly think that a much more complex design made in lower quantity will be the same price as a dead-simple design that is mass-produced?

Buy it, don't buy it, it's not going to effect me either way. Personally, the price is in-line with what I expected it would be.

If people want to take the DIY approach, or if they find ways to adapt other applications to their own to conform to a budget, that's fine. There are those of us that are perfectly happy paying the premium to use quality parts from quality companies though. Because so few people modify Saturns and because demographicly speaking Saturn owners are less likely to spend a lot of money if they DO modify their car, there will be a premium for that. Comparing Saturn prices to Honda prices is rediculous though - not to mention misleading.

And before you ask, the bodykit is from:

sc2_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 01:52 AM   #10
picksl1

one cool thing is that you wont have to worry abouit the end caps busting since they arent plastic

picksl1 is offline   Reply With Quote