Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Videos/Photos/Stories

Old 03-17-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
DemonSatty

Default new wheels on the '98 SL

I put on my new to me 16in Ion wheels, (thanks Twztd_Ion!). I also did new front brakes about 2 weeks ago, Crematic pads woot! If you notice the diffrent colored drivers rear door/front fender, its because I got hit twice this winter. One was a hit/run, the other I got $780 out of their insurance. The door and fender cost me 166 from 6th plannet, you do the math... The paint is really close, but in the overcast picture, it stands out more than just looking at the car.

before: steelies now for winter...

now: the tires are too tall, but they will do untill they wear out (prolly good for this summer)

what ya guys think?

Old 03-17-2007, 02:14 AM   #2
the Shaolin UWP

Why are the tires too tall?

Anything looks better than steelies. You should invest in some painted bumpers.
14.526 at 98.08 on the juice
the Shaolin UWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:18 AM   #3
GoldieGoldie97

nice wheels, just not on that car
GoldieGoldie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:54 AM   #4
DemonSatty

I think they are too tall because they are taller than the 175/70/14's that were on there.

I will get painted bumpers when I get more done mechanicially. ive got KYB's and a lightened flywheel coming, Im getting a Sx2 rear subframe next week sometime (so I can have rear discs and a swaybar). Soon as I get my tax return im getting ACT clutch (havent decided wich yet) and poly suspension bushings. once thats all done (and the minor other crap, shift cabels etc) then its time for painted bumpers.

I know my car is ugly....
Old 03-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
barristo

No to the act clutch, dohc swap instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cardomain.com/ride/2044407
barristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
DemonSatty

sorry baristo, I'd rather my car move than have a spiffy new DOHC.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
sc2racer

he's just looking at this realistically man. there is no need for an act clutch in an sohc. unless you turbo it, theres almost no way that it'll be faster then a dohc
Old 03-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
the Shaolin UWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSatty
I think they are too tall because they are taller than the 175/70/14's that were on there.
Tires are fine.

Don't bother with the clutch. There's no reason to upgrade, really, unless you're making enough torque to make it slip.

A DOHC swap is the best thing you could ever do to your car. Trust me.
14.526 at 98.08 on the juice
the Shaolin UWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:21 AM   #9
DemonSatty

I totally agree with you guys. I WISH I could do a DOHC swap, however ther are a few things holding me back.

A) my current job is delivery, in the satty, so MPG is at a premium. Ill take my 30mpg (while delivering) over a bit more go-juice anyday.

B) I cant have my car laid up for days on end while I do the swap.

C) If I were to bother swapping out my perfectly good SOHC for a DOHC, I wouldn't put a stocker in there. I would do things the way I want, intake cam on ex side, hi-comp etc etc etc. I just dont have the money for a propper DOHC buildup right now...

More than likely, I will get a project SC eventually and do things the way I want, for now, I will get this SOHC to be a fun daily.

As far as the tires, I say they are too tall (for my tastes anyway) because when I get my H&R sport springs, they drop 1.5ish right? well with these tires, it would only be .5in lower than stock.... Not to mention the change in gear ratio, its not much, but I notice it.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
redturtle98

The wheels look good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

redturtle98 is offline   Reply With Quote