Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn Vue > Saturn Vue - Technical

Old 01-29-2005, 02:33 AM   #1
sue
Banned

Default clutch, now odometer

With 36,400 miles on our '03 Vue, the clutch went....not under warranty, but the dealer did cover it. As we were on our way to Cape Cod for a weekend "get away" we were inconvenienced and NOT happy.
Last week, I was checking out the odometer after a little trip, and to my surprise...I now have 694,878 miles on my car. Guess THAT will hurt my trade in value. Good news is that the miles I put on now are not registering. In actuality I have about 40,000 miles on the car. I have an appointment to take the car in in a few weeks. Again, the warranty has expired....but it seems to me that with so few REAL miles on the car, that something should be worked out.
Are these common problems in the Vue? I find it hard to believe that clutches and odometers should EVER go in a vehicle with so few miles on it. What will go next?
I am a first time Saturn owner, and have to say, I am not very pleased. Is my experience unique, or are there other problem Vues out there?

sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:48 PM   #2
shortlid

Default '03 Vue clutch problems

Yep have a friend and the clutch went out on here '03 Vue at 63k and again no mercy just looking at a $1,800 tab from the stealership or take it to a indy.
shortlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
Pete
Banned

I know this is an old thread, but I will add my 2cents.

The odometer SHOULD never go in a car. I agree with you 100%.That being said, all of the electronics for GM are made by the same people. GM cars are more reliable then previous years but they still have their issues. Every model GM makes is affected by these odometers problems. It is a real annoyance for the customer and for aftermarket repair shops. Mine cut out about a month ago. It's stuck at 161 030 kilometers. For me I noticed this happened when the battery was replaced. I figure, oh well. I think they make things like this on purpose though. Might as well...The cars aren't selling in most dealerships. The only areas of a dealership making real money these days are parts and service....and probably the detail area....but that is sort of the service department.

With the clutch. Yeah it sucks. What can you do though eh?

Well that is my little bit of info. I happens all the time and it shouldn't. With mine, I should be able to take it out and repair it..with yours reading the wrong miles,, it probably needs to be sent to the electrical repair shop...that I am sure GM owns.

Pete
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
Spoot

I know that we have had older GM cars that the odometer went on and we replaced it with one from the junk yard. But for a more recent car I wouldn't want to mess so much because of all the electronics.
Spoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
Pete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoot View Post
I know that we have had older GM cars that the odometer went on and we replaced it with one from the junk yard. But for a more recent car I wouldn't want to mess so much because of all the electronics.

I've actually found out some more information on this issue recently. I've been in touch with the electric repair shops that GM uses to rebuild their clusters. Turns out that They just dispose of your, make a new one and add the miles (or kilometers) that you had on there before. They don't even rebuild it. Crazy eh?

PS- The 00-03 tahoe, trucks and what not just had a recall on their clusters. Maybe check to see if they have done one for your car. (I'm in Canada and it may not be the same)

Pete
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote