Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Performance Modifications

Old 07-25-2002, 03:09 AM   #1
acooperoz
Banned

Default 94 sl2

Hi. I just bought a 94 sl2. I was wondering what kind of performance parts I can get for relatively cheap (a few hundred max). This is my first car, I really know next to nothing about cars lol. But my brother works on cars so he can probably help me install some perf. parts.

acooperoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 03:28 AM   #2
brettmeyers

well everyone here mostly has the modification of air intake.
brettmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 03:32 AM   #3
Opusguy

A air intake, I have A hot shot from SPS and you can get one for $159
A new throttle body will help to and there around $150 or so after the core charge is returned. I don't have one of those yet but people on various boards swear this is on of the best mods to do. A new exhaust works to and Im getting mine done for $300. Thats just a few realativly cheap mods others are maybe new plugs and wires.
http://www.spswebpage.com/products/products.html
http://www.xtremeracingconcepts.com/
http://www.twistecproducts.com/
There are a few links that will help ya finding stuff, goo dluck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Opusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 04:14 AM   #4
Malice Racing

buy a dremel tool $60
cut down your stock airbox and add a K&N filter $30

clean and polish your throttle body and intake manifold. if possible bore out your throttle body 2-5mm's

find a '92 header in a junkyard. this will bolt on to your engine and can be joined to your exhaust with an exhaust clamp (header will cost $50-$100)

while your at the junkyard, see if you can pick up a set of motor mounts ($20-40) and then go to a hardware store and buy some silicone sealent. ($7)

fill the ridges of the motor mounts with silicone, let dry for 3 days to 1 week.

goto an autoparts store and pick up some Bosch platnum +2 or +4's. install them. ($17-23)

that is about $300 there. and you've got a decent ride to show for it.

how's that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'95 SL1
'94 SW2 RallySport: DESTROYED BY HURRICANE
For Sale:
'95 SL2, new paint $2900
Malice Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 12:20 PM   #5
Joeybagodonuts

right on malice, thats was a damn good start for someone entering the saturn performance world with little dough, couldnt have said it better myself!

VIVE BENE, SPESSO L'AMORE,DIRISATA MOLTO
"live well, love much, laugh often"
SATURNSPOT.COM ADMINSTRATION
Joeybagodonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 02:34 PM   #6
OX

My only comment to the above suggestions is:

Plan!

While you may start off with a couple hundred now, you may decide later that you want to add more and more. Plan for the future with everything you do.

yes, an intake is usually the first step and sometimes a throttle body, too...but when adding more air and more fuel to the mix, make sure that your ignition is up to snuff too.....

I recommend that you consider upgrading your plugs and wires and possibly your coil packs, too. Currently, my SOHC is running NGK Vpower plugs with MSD 8.5 wires and Accell coils. Now I have an MSD DIS ignition as well, but this was installed to help control timing with my nitrous...but see..that is where planning comes into play, because the ignition was done before the nitrous.

Anyway....all I am trying to say is plan for how you want the car to progress and take logical steps to increase your performance. Any mod that you add will help you out on the Saturn.

Be sure to check out http://home.earthlink.net/~dgtlxtrem1 for information on what I have done with my car.

OX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 03:45 PM   #7
Yobos4vr
Banned

1 word EBAY. you can get an intake for 40, a strut tower bar for 30 either ebay or pep boys. and wires accell thundersport from summit,jegs 25.00
plugs stick to NGK from the dealer....that's $100 wisely spent and alot to show for it.

Yobos4vr is offline   Reply With Quote