Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Performance Modifications

Old 07-22-2002, 05:38 AM   #1
Opusguy

Default please don't lie about your car

it makes you look like an idiot. Case in point I'm at the autocross event for the week and I'm talking to a guy asking about the event and so on. I ask him what kind of car he has so he tells me his altima isn't running because of a blown head gasket. This is how the rest of the conversation goes

me: ah man that sucks how did that happen
Poser: I blew it running naws (yeah he said it like that)
me: oh really? what kind of shot were you using?
Poser: im running zex
me: Ah im sorry, i meant how big of a shot
Poser: it was a uuhh 75 shot
(im kinda wondering about this guy at this point)
me:were you running a wet or dry kit?
Poser: huh what do you mean wet kit or dry?
(my buddie nundges me and snikers right about now)
me: you don't know the difference? Are you sure you were running naws (yeah i said it that way and my buddie had to walk away because he was gonne laugh)
poser:yeah man im sure i was running naws, I had this shop put it in
me: what shop? I know guys in at most shops maybe i can help ya out.
poser: i forget the name it was over on arville i think
me: don't know how big a shot you were using, what kind of kit or who put it in?
(my buddie is almost doubled up on the ground)
me: do you even have a car?
poser:**** you man!!!!
me:wow maybe thats why ya blew your gasket, you have no clue....you can tell me, ya really have a kit???
long silence....
me: so hey ya still wanna come watch? i think that car is running a 50 shot...or was that a 75 shot???
the poser turns and flips me off as he is walking off.

Now don't get me wrong i usually don't give people that hard a time or go out of my way to be jerk but damn why lie about something like that? especially at a car event where everyone therr knows at least a little about cars and there's usually someone like me there that knows just enough to be dangerous and will call you on your lie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Opusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 12:54 PM   #2
ProjectSW1

So, what are you saying...

Are you trying to say you can take my 94 SW1 with the blown 454? HUH?

You wanna line up and see if you can take it? I'm runnin triple turbo on the ***** too! Yeah, you want some of that? I'm spraying nawz too man... a 5,000 shot... you want some of that too?

lol

----==[ ProjectSW1 ]==----

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Coming Soon! A New Saturn Online Community / Information Center
ProjectSW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
CelticShadow

ya'all are lucky I don't go get my "big car" and beat ya'all......man, I got 15 nawwwwws bottles in the trunk of that bad boy........a combination of wet and dry kits........and under the hood there's a dual supercharger and a twin turbo!! she's got 15,000 hp at the wheels!!!!!

ROFL......that guy sure made a complete ass outta himself. I wish I could have seen that!!

CelticShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 03:27 PM   #4
OX

Well......here is the real deal.....

I have a 97 SOHC that is running a 75 shot dry kit from NOS...Along with the nitrous, I have an MSD DIS II HO igntion to help control the timing and trigger the Accel Coils. The multiple spark discharge races up through my MSD wires into a set of NGK V-power plugs, igniting the incoming charge.

At 3500 rpm and in 3rd gear, this car is capable of smoking the front tires from a float when the system is activated. I have managed to drop a full 2 seconds off of my 1/8 mile time at the track.

So....while you guys are trying to get off the line with 15000 hp and all that added weight....I will already be coming back the return lane!!!

Hehe....snicker snicker

OX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 03:57 PM   #5
brettmeyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX
At 3500 rpm and in 3rd gear, this car is capable of smoking the front tires from a float when the system is activated. I have managed to drop a full 2 seconds off of my 1/8 mile time at the track.
Its a beast.
brettmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 12:24 PM   #6
Joeybagodonuts

yeah man, ox's car is one FAST ASS single cam no doubt (gee, being a certified tech and having added naws, does that make you the "premier saturn nitro tuner" muhahahahahahahahahahahaha) but yeah, people lie about their crap all the time, like the other day on the post brett locked,that guy aint got no turbo! sure, lots of guys want to make sleepers but theres no turbo on that car, id bet 100.00 right now, cash, straight up, that that was nothing more then a heat sheild and a tube mounted to fool people!

VIVE BENE, SPESSO L'AMORE,DIRISATA MOLTO
"live well, love much, laugh often"
SATURNSPOT.COM ADMINSTRATION
Joeybagodonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 12:46 PM   #7
ProjectSW1

hey Joe...

I need a 100.00... I'll go see if he'll give me some "un-stealthy" pics...

Here's the mod list and stats on the car right here

Quote:
Model Specs:
Year: 1998
Model: SC1
Engine: SOHC
Transmission: Manual
Setup: Street

Main Modifications:

Cylinder head: Milled to 9.7 compression, ported.

Pistions: Stock

Rods: Stock

Flywheel: Stock

Transmission: MP3 conversion from automatic

Clutch: Stock

Suspension: Sprint Extremes

Exhaust: 2.25" cat back, Super Turbo muffler
Turbo Specifics:

Kit Manufacturer: Custom

Turbocharger: Stock 2nd Gen. Eclipse Rebuilt Garrett T-25

Manifold: Custom

Intercooler: Stock 2nd Gen. Eclipse w/ 2" piping

Fuel supply: "Secret" extra injector setup.

Blow off valve: Stock 2nd Gen Eclipse

Boost control: Stock actuator

Guages: Intellitronix A/F meter, "budget" boost guage

Cooling: Dual 10" tandem radiator fans
----==[ ProjectSW1 ]==----

Coming Soon! A New Saturn Online Community / Information Center
ProjectSW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 02:23 PM   #8
OX

Joey, I gotta tell ya man...my bottle was damn near empty when you saw me getting on it....

You need to be in it when the bottle is full, up to pressure, and ready to rock...that things comes on so strong...it is amazing....

I don't claim to be an expert in NOS or anything, but I have learned a few things from experience and am always glad to share....that is why I put most of my stuff up on my web at http://home.earthlink.net.

OX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 05:41 AM   #9
TurboSC1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeybagodonuts
yeah man, ox's car is one FAST ASS single cam no doubt (gee, being a certified tech and having added naws, does that make you the "premier saturn nitro tuner" muhahahahahahahahahahahaha) but yeah, people lie about their crap all the time, like the other day on the post brett locked,that guy aint got no turbo! sure, lots of guys want to make sleepers but theres no turbo on that car, id bet 100.00 right now, cash, straight up, that that was nothing more then a heat sheild and a tube mounted to fool people!
Joey,
You're a decent and honest guy. That's why I really think that you should pay ProjectSW1 the $100 you promised. And I believe that you owe me an apology for calling me a liar.

ian
TurboSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 05:54 AM   #10
Opusguy

DOOOAAH!!!! joey looks like TurboSC1 hide that turbo real well. HAHAHAHAHA pay up brother

Opusguy is offline   Reply With Quote