Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Performance Modifications

Old 07-23-2002, 06:03 PM   #1
Slimsaturn

Default Strut Tower Brace,,,and i need help PLEASE

so i go to install my sps strut tower brace in the 100 degreee sun and start to unscrew the first nut and the bolt snaps off...what the hell do i do? where can i get a new bolt, nut and how do I put i the new one in and get the old one out when i am done? and how much money are we talkin for these things, and how safe is it to drive

Old 07-24-2002, 12:02 AM   #2
Joeybagodonuts

hi , did you write me at my site? listen, ill be happy to GIVE you what you need but one problem, I am going out of town for a short getaway and we jsut booked two motor jobs in to be done in the next 48 hours before I leave! woo hoo,talk about real world expereince with being under the gun! but Ill be happy to assist if you can live till i get back cause if i told you any sooner i dont think i could keep the commitment.
consider free parts here and there one of the benifits of being a saturnspot member!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIVE BENE, SPESSO L'AMORE,DIRISATA MOLTO
"live well, love much, laugh often"
SATURNSPOT.COM ADMINSTRATION
Joeybagodonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 08:45 PM   #3
jeep45238

I've done the same thing, except that I tightened a bolt too tight and took a turn to hard . Anyway, that bolt is on a plate, it holds the top of your strut. You can run w/out the bolt, but it'll put extra stress on the other 2 bolts and will cause a BIG safety concern.

You can't just replace the bolt. You must replace the entire assembly, as it's 1 peice. $60 at the dealership if I recall correctly. I just said hell with it and paid them to do it. You have to compress the spring and take out the shock, and I don't feel like having a spring take off my head if I don't do it correctly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jeep45238 is offline   Reply With Quote