Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Performance Modifications

Old 09-07-2005, 07:13 AM   #11
ACE97sl1

WOW... I guess the secret on this site is to ask the right question, thanks for all the info everyone i"ll keep that in mind when I make my decision.

thanx again

Old 09-07-2005, 07:25 PM   #12
scottyr94

Maybe alot of the cai's fit pretty well, but the one I got didn't fit worth crap. I know the wai's are a diff story, there are others who share my point of view.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scottyr94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #13
micah_sl2

i dont like my bomz intake at all, i want to get stock tubing and stick a cone filter on the end so i dont loose so much low end torque
micah_sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 04:10 PM   #14
rezzy

Default intake

here is where i bought my intake for my 02 SC2. http://www.2kracing.com/ i paid $142 for it and i love it. i notice some extra hp with it. go to this web site and in the search box type saturn. it will bring everything up that they have for saturns. hope this helps
Old 04-17-2006, 01:51 AM   #15
Gkozak2000

I ended up buying the bomz SOHC intake, yes the silicone boot didnt fit i went out another one did some mods to it all's u need is a 2" -2" silicone boot if u angle it right u can get it without rubbin on the radiator hose, may take a lil bit but if ya got the paients. i did notice a lil bit of performance out of it though. so if u have a small budget or have a SOHC its worth it, seein its a pain in findin parts for the SOHC thats y next yr i plan on doin a swap

Check it out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gkozak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:54 AM   #16
Monkiki

Default Reviving and old post....

Looks like this post is fairly old, but considering the lack of new posts, I figured I'd add to this.

I have the CP Cold Air Intake and it works great. Immediately noticed quicker response and better top end pull. Only problem is, when I ordered this, I made sure to find one that was CARB legal so I wouldn't have to remove it when I had to smog my car (I'm in California). Well, today I went to get it smogged only to be told that my intake is not legal. The highly intelligent and well trained smog technition also told me that my SC2 is a single cam and that was 'part of the reason it wasn't legal'. WTF? I guess working at Saturn taught me nothing huh? Riiiiiight. Dual cam all the way with the valve cover, 'TWIN CAM 16V', and rear reflector to back it up.

I called the Air Resources Board and was told that they have no record of the CP Cold Air Intake EO #D-533 CP-630 (think that's the right numbers) and that it is NOT CARB legal. Hmm. I called CP to find out what was going on and was told that it's pending CARB approval and *should* be approved next year. Yeah. So, point is, it works great, is a good deal for the money, but plan on swapping your stock intake back in when it's time to smog.
1994 SC2: '96 SC2 Bumper, '02 Impreza Spoiler, Sprint 2" Springs, KYBs, Front & Rear Strut Brace, 17" BSA 220s, White Gauges, MOS Short Shifter, Silverstars, Magnaflow, 2.25" Piping, High Flow Cat, '91-'92 Header, CAI

Monkiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #17
Satyllac

Just got a video of what the "dr. speeedy" CAI sounds like with a K&N filter. Keep in mind that the outside diameter of the piping is 2"... Tiny piping... When the revs hit 6,000 RPM's it makes a horrible, ricetastic buzzing noise, then quiets, then buzzes really loud again at 6,300, and keeps buzzing until redline.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:33 PM   #18
trick94sl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyllac
Just got a video of what the "dr. speeedy" CAI sounds like with a K&N filter. Keep in mind that the outside diameter of the piping is 2"... Tiny piping... When the revs hit 6,000 RPM's it makes a horrible, ricetastic buzzing noise, then quiets, then buzzes really loud again at 6,300, and keeps buzzing until redline.
2" piping? That sounds more restrictive than the stock intake.
trick94sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #19
the Shaolin UWP

I thought the Dr. Speedy was 2.25" for 00-02 and 2.5" for 91-99? Maybe I'm wrong, I'm guessing at numbers I heard a long time ago.

3" custom CAI ftw!
14.526 at 98.08 on the juice
the Shaolin UWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:15 AM   #20
Satyllac

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Shaolin UWP
I thought the Dr. Speedy was 2.25" for 00-02 and 2.5" for 91-99? Maybe I'm wrong, I'm guessing at numbers I heard a long time ago.

3" custom CAI ftw!
"dr. speeedy" piping, measured by me for my '01 SC2.

Luckily I've got a Qksltwo 3" custom CAI on the way... Should be here the 26th, right after Christmas, w00t!