Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > Forum Support

Old 12-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #1
HKL

Question 2007 Ion door exterior weatherstripping

Hi everyone. Please bear with me. Having just joined 5 minutes ago, I'm not sure I'm in the right place. Any & all constructive criticism is welcome! I sure hope someone can help me. My issue is with the exterior window / for weatherstripping. I live in Las Vegas & it gets HOT here in the summer! Every fall I have to replace the weatherstripping because the summer sun has warped it. In past years, this has been a simple task. Just slide old one off & slide the new one on & done. This year I have already purchased 2 genuine GM parts at $50 a pop & it seems that they have changed the design just enough so that they don't fit anymore. It seems to be just the slightest bit too small. Is there any special tool that I need to install this? or does anyone know of any tricks for getting these new, and tighter, strips to go on?

HKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:07 AM   #2
derfderf

Take the new ones back to the dealer and bring an old one with you and ask to speak to the dumb**** who ok'd its manufacture overseas where quality control is so tight that it actually shrank your part.

Look at the wrapper that they came in for the manufacture date.

I think your best way out of this is to have GM find a warehouse that has OLDER STOCK laying around, and for you to buy several sets. Once they're gone, they're gone.

No one is going to retool the mold for that part for the 700 people that need one every year. QC has gone to ****.

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote