Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn S-Series

Old 02-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
ddeer1

Default 2000 Saturn SL2

on my 2000 SL2 My fan speed will not work on high. all the other speeds works fine any help

ddeer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
derfderf

The highest speed setting on the HVAC blower works off of a 12V supply that bypasses the blower resistor pack used for the other three speed settings. That 12V is fed to the blower motor relay. When you choose the max setting, it enables a relay that lets a very large current through to run the fan at a high rpm.

First I would look for and check the HVAC fuse located in instrument panel junction block --IPJB. Also, Check the HVAC/Blower Relay while in there. If I remember correctly, it is identical to the fuel pump relay that is in there too. CHECK FIRST before swapping.

From my additional research, other potential problems include heat damage to the back side of the IPJB pins involved in carrying the current for the high speed setting, interrupting the circuit (let's hope that is not the case). This can be fixed
97 SC2 ~253K

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #3
2001SL

Did it work out?
2001SL is offline   Reply With Quote