Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Styling Modifications

Old 10-07-2004, 09:24 PM   #1
SkittleOnChrome

Default *Question about backseat removal and frnt.bumper* (read)

I'm really thinking about taking out my backseat and replacing them with 2 Sparco Roadsters' (non-reclinable), but I had a few questions regarding installation and layout:

#1---with the seats in the back, would I still be able to use the regular rails, brackets, etc, or would custom brackets have to be fabricated?

#2--should the seats be reclinable or non-reclinable? Does it make a difference? No one rides in the back anyway!

**Also, since i'm doing the R34 headlights as well, would this bumper look ok for it?**

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36475

Check out my pics:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SkittleOnChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
Satyllac

Gotta love that front bumper! Should look awesome with the tails and headlights to match. I think reclinable rear seats would be pretty sweet.

Not that you'd use them often, but if ever there was a chance they do get used... It'd be a nice custom feature that not many cars have. How would you do that though? Cut out parts of the rear deck, or scoot the rear seats forward?
Old 10-08-2004, 10:02 PM   #3
Robert-sl2

One thing to measure and keep in mind, is that the back seat sits directly on top of a hump in the floor pan. so if you put reacing seats in there on top of rails/brackets, will you have room, will peoples heads (if someone was sitting there) be cocked sideways against the ceiling? Just keep in mind how much that hump raises everything up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(no longer mine)
Proud Owner of a 2005 Storm Grey Saturn Vue
Robert-sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:33 AM   #4
ausgeflippt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-sl2
One thing to measure and keep in mind, is that the back seat sits directly on top of a hump in the floor pan. so if you put reacing seats in there on top of rails/brackets, will you have room, will peoples heads (if someone was sitting there) be cocked sideways against the ceiling? Just keep in mind how much that hump raises everything up.
like you said, skit, nobody sits in the back anyway, so just I wouldn't worry about clearance. This whole purpose is for show, right? Also, I would think that the brackets coming with the seats would work fine; there's someone I know w/ and accord that did the same thing and he used the brackets that came w/ the seats (Recaro).

I would just go w/ non-reclinable; there's gonna be minimal room back there anyway, and with the seats sitting in the upright position w/ room behind 'em it'll look funny.

ausgeflippt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:27 AM   #5
gerry
Banned

what if I wanted to do the same, i got a 92 sl1 and i was thinking of the four buckets...what would i do to compensate the hump?
gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 02:04 AM   #6
picksl1

http://www.streetsourcemagazine.com/...020PM72481.jpg thats what you would have to do to accomadate the hump and the center console intop the back seat...but why have reclinable back seats since you will be mounting them close to the back anyways....IMO you cant recline the rear seats right now why try to recline then "aftermarket" the only car that has reclining rear seats is like 100K, but also has alot of leg room in the back to spread you feet out and really relax...in a saturn you dont have that kinda room

picksl1 is offline   Reply With Quote