Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Audio Modifications

Old 08-29-2002, 03:41 AM   #1
1stGenSC

Default sell or install old system...??

alright my last car was that car that you see driving round thats looks "ok" but gets looks cause of the basssss its got, i have since sold that and took out my sys....i am wondering if i should reinstall it or if i should sell it and go allll name brand...heres whats i have in my possession now:
2 10" subs (350 watts a piece ina closed box)
2 12" subs (in a ported box - got a good deal about 350 to 400 watts each)
1 12" sub (in a ceramic bandpass box rated at 700 watts)
1 orion amp (2 channell, think 350 wattage output..??)
1 optimus amp (thats.....260 watts out)
1 .5 farad monster cap
1 x-over w/ 10 db bass boost
1 4 way x-over with 10 db bass boost
anddd......oh yea an another 12" at about....200 wattts
annnnnddddd......oh yea a sony h.u. at...45X4
aaaaaaannnnnnnddddd........i think thats it...oh wait 1 more amp at 250 watts...ok THATS IT!!
so what'da ya think of the sys... :P ??heh heh heh -lol
ok so my thing is should i sell it or should i install it..i do it all myself - total professional so thats no big thing...so yea...thats my ?? lol - sell or install??

1stGenSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 03:54 AM   #2
SC2_GT

I would keep the 2 10"s, the 2 12"s, the orion amp, the optimus amp, the .5 farad cap, the x-over, and the sony h.u. and the other 250 watt amp. then sell the rest. hook the 10s to the optium amp hook the 12s to the orion and use the last 250 watter for the front mids and highs unless it is 4 channel the run it on the doors and rear deck speakers. but this is just what i would do if i had all that. but then again I would also build a new sealed box to house the 10s and the 12s in the trunk. dynomat the whole car make an amp rack and run with that.
You can't take the sky from me
SC2_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 04:00 AM   #3
Grif97sl2

Ceramic box.... I'd like to see that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Grif97sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 04:16 AM   #4
1stGenSC

alright - i really want to build an amp rack but have never done it b4 and i also want to build a custom box for the 10's and 12's but i haven't a clue as where to start - i am familiar with just about every other aspect of audio....exept that...lol - i would lke ot utilize the fact that the rear seats fold down and maybe put the amp rack there with a few neons and such, i just need a direction to go in...so...yea...lol
ne 's

oh yea ill try to set up a site and post pics of the stuff - i.e. - the very heavy ceramic box
Old 08-29-2002, 04:32 AM   #5
Grif97sl2

Well the only reason I wanna see it was cuz a pal of mine and I were considering building ceramic boxs for home applications. This was back when I was into programming acoustic computer models of box design, and he was into ceramics.

Our thoughts never quite gelled, so the designs never happened. But we knew we hit on a good idea. I'd like to see its implementation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Grif97sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote