Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Audio Modifications

Old 10-13-2002, 12:43 AM   #1
Yobos4vr
Banned

Default Need info

ok need some info here, i'm interested in setting up my first system besides a head unit and speakers i wanna get a ox and subs, but now here's the difficult part.....amps,caps. how do i know if i need a cap? what's good to look for an amp? is it better to get a 4 channel or 2 2-channel amps? any other advice is appreciated...

thanks

Yobos4vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 12:48 AM   #2
URtalking2CRASH

Hey Nelson I don't know a whole lot on the subject, but it really depends on what all your looking for in a system. I'd email my brother he could help ya out with all your questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
URtalking2CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 12:59 AM   #3
Yobos4vr
Banned

well i'm gonna try and put together a good sounding system. with a subwoofer. i also wanna get the XM radio.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:05 AM   #4
URtalking2CRASH

ahh ok....well if you need any help or advice email my brother....he'll be more then happy to help you out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
URtalking2CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 02:40 AM   #5
1stGenSC

Default piece of cake

ok what kinda ride u got 1st off - 2nd off it is always a good idea to get a cap - specially with the gm alternator the way it is lol - "they" say that for every 500 watts that you push you should use a .5 farad capacitor - 2ndly what kinda amp depends on what u wanna run - just 1 sub like a 10 or a 12 or do u wanna run dual subs and then the rear deck speakers??

just lemme know of ne ?'s and ill help ya out - nooo problem

peace
Old 10-13-2002, 03:21 AM   #6
Yobos4vr
Banned

well i'm thinking of running to all my speakers, 2 in the door and 2 in the rear deck. than sub's well i don't know what's the is it worth getting 2nd sub in the trunk? or will 1 work good? BTW i have a 97 SL2. but i don't think it'll go on this one but my new one i'm looking for. but it'll be a saturn SL series.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:38 AM   #7
Estairiker

**** if your right then I should get another cap pronto!! Are you sure?

Estairiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 04:42 AM   #8
1stGenSC

ok - so if u wanna run 4 speakers (2 door 2 deck) then u'll need a 4 cha amp - depending on how much $ u wanna spend and the quality amp u want they aren't reallt that expensive -as far as the sub issue - depends on what you are lookin for, just good sound or u want people to hear u coming - 1 sub is fine - 2 is better - lol - then again it's all dependant upon what u want to do - for example i am all about BASS i have....2 10's 1 12' in a bandpass, 2 more 12's and i still have a few subs sitting round that i have yet to use - lol - if you cant hear me coming you need to have your hearing checked - lol - yea sorry bout that tid-bit kinda off track - but yea if that didn't anwser your ?'s just im me or post again - lol

AIM - guapojo

peace
Old 10-13-2002, 06:28 AM   #9
CelticShadow

Depending on the type and size sub it is, or they are, you'll need more space. I have 2 12" in mine in a bandpass, and they take up the whole trunk, but that will be eliminated once I finally get around to figuring out what kind of custom enclosure I want to build. That is true though, if you're pushing less then 500 watts, a cap is not needed at all.

CelticShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 03:51 PM   #10
ReiKo

first you want to start off with the headunit... after that you wanna get a 4 channal amp...after you get the 4 channel you can take out your factory speakers and get any other speakers you wish... i prefer POLK MOMO.. but that's just me... then your gonna need good RCA's i prefer the monster cable RCA's a good RCA is everything to the system... gives you a clean signal and clean sound.. if you don't have clean RCA;'s you will pick up engine noise which can BLOW SPEAKERS...the more the RCA's cost the more they are wort it and cleaner the signal... also get a cap.. and a yellow top battery... you won't have to worry about eletrical again... after that.. get your sub and amp... i preferr MTX 81000D's... i personally have 2 of them... but any MTX mono amp is really good.. they are jsut poewr hungry... but they re UNDERRATED... Elmo can tell you that for himself... for subs if you want SQ go with Polk MOMO or Alping Type R's... if you wanna get something else for DB... go with Kicker.. but these are my personal preferances... need anything else just post it here and i will help you out no problem
ReiKo is offline   Reply With Quote