Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > SaturnSpot.com Marketplace > Saturn Cars For Sale - Private Sellers Only

Old 02-07-2015, 05:04 AM   #1
Veronica

Smile 93 Saturn SC2 For Sale Best Offer

Hey yall! New member in VALLEJO, CA here, I've got a Metallic Aquamarine 1993 SC2 for sale. I bought her off a friend 2 years ago for $1,500 It took me some time and a little bit of money to get her running again. It didn't pass smog originally, so we replaced the ignition coils due to the smell of gas coming from the exhaust pipe. The smell went away, but I haven't been able to get it smogged again. It is my belief that it should pass smog fairly easily.

Exterior: The hood has a few dents and paint scratches no bigger than golf ball size. There is a crack in the body over the left front wheel well. Left Driver side door top of the window frame is a little rusty. Gas cap on drivers side pops open occasionally. Back Rearview window's tint is starting to peel off. Entire backside is in pretty good condition minus 2 bumper stickers. Right side rear panel has what looks like a giant tear in the protective coat of paint. Passenger side door has a horizontal scratch. And passenger side mirror has paint damage.

Tires: The car has been stationary since we last fixed it and attempted to get it smogged, so the tires should still be in good condition.

Interior: Automatic seat belts only work on drivers side, passenger side seat belt has slight damage on the connector part of the shoulder belt. Both driver and passenger seats are in good condition. The Drivers side door panel has 3 bolts in the topside and a slight tear by the bolts. The passenger side panel's armor is cracked and torn. Topside of the panel also has 2 small tears. Dashboard has a big crack in the middle separating it into 3 parts kind of. The actual meters all work except for the Odometer, good condition, no cracks. The floor is fully carpeted just dirty. Only tear in the carpet is by the clutch pedal. Steering wheel leather on the left side where the horn is is a little torn. Center console is loose and the cupholders have been torn out. The emergency brake has recently been replaced. Backseat is in good condition except for the center console, the plastic has been torn off the front side of it. There is no fabric remaining on the entire roof, except for the sun visors. The rearview mirror is very loosely attached and we don't know if the moonroof works as its not plugged in right now. Has a custom stereo setup, but we don't know if it works. Transmission linkage was just replaced.

KBB Value: $1,007 to a private party

Last edited by Veronica; 02-07-2015 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Forgot to say where I'm from
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:37 AM   #2
derfderf

most parts of ohio not around the big cities don't have any inspections let alone emissions inspections. You might want to reconsider releasing your baby out into the world....

Also (just trying to help)

1) Please reformat that text with the "returns" in places that make more logical sense. It's incredibly difficult to read.

2) Where is the rust? It's not on the plastic parts so is it hood, trunk, roof, frame, etc..

3) What about the the interior needs fixing? Re the seats ripped? Is the top of the dash cracked? Do the back seats have stains from mott's apple juice boxes? Carpet ragged?

Remember we can't see the car, so w need the detail in the text.

I don't think you can upload pictures until you reach ten posts. So you can go to the Off topic section and throw your two cents in on some way off-kilter discussions to get your post count up -- then come back and post pictures pictures pictures inside and out. You can also post over at saturnforum.com---you can post pictures right away over there -- but don't post until you have the pictures to post or you'll get 11 people asking you "so where are the pix?"?

4) Only color they offered close to turquoise for the sc2 in 93 was aquamarine --for yours, probably aquamarine metallic.

5) you can also post it at saturnfans.com -- they have a huge membership but that place gets 200 posts an hour and your post can get buried before anyone ever sees it. You have to bump your thread every couple days, just don't use the word bump. I never visit there. But it can't hurt. Those folks will be indignant if you don't tell them exactly what needs fixing and post pictures.

6) Your automatic seat belts don't still work, do they? If they do, you could probably auction them off on ebay for half what the car is worth.

7) go to kbb.com and figure out the private seller value, then use that as your asking price provided you choose the correct grading condition for your car, Post a price/obo otherwise no one knows where to start.

Why am I giving you all this unsolicited advice? Because I can tell by the way you write that you're a decent human being trying to do the right thing.

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:16 PM   #3
goaliemo
Community Moderator

Why hello there Veronica!

I think derf covered everything I would of said, plus some.

Get that post count up so we can see some 93 SC2!

I aquamarine color on the sc2's looks really good. The S cars don't exactly have the best interior design, and is not really built to last. But we do need to see what we are working with.

Depending on the price and condition, I may be interested. Nice little project to help add to what I have.
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion

Last edited by goaliemo; 02-07-2015 at 05:19 PM..
goaliemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
Veronica

Smile Update

I Updated the information. Thank you for the pro tips. Let me know if i missed anything!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:11 AM   #5
goaliemo
Community Moderator

I really want to see this car.

I am no where near California or Ohio, though.

hmmmmmm.

Add pictures to your gallery. You cant post them until you have a post count of 15, but you can upload them to there.

If that doesn't work, let me know, and ill have you email them to me.
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
Old 02-08-2015, 07:38 AM   #6
Veronica

If you can view my profile, I have an album for the sc2. If not, I'll email them to you.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #7
goaliemo
Community Moderator

I am going to go loooook!
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
Old 02-08-2015, 06:29 PM   #8
goaliemo
Community Moderator

It doesn't look that bad, actually. I am really digging the aquamarine.
Willing to deliver it on your way to ohio?
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
Old 02-08-2015, 06:39 PM   #9
Veronica

haha, I wish we could but we're flying there :/
Old 02-08-2015, 07:18 PM   #10
goaliemo
Community Moderator

Damn. Sorry, just not worth me flying out there to get.
Just bring her with you and put some TLC into her! You are already on the forum getting some love from us
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion