Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn Aura > Saturn Aura - Technical

Old 08-09-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
Aura2008Ginab
Banned

Unhappy key fob and alarm

I bought the Saturn Aura 2008 over one year ago (in March 2012) and the remote entry was acting weak. It worked though through the fall and winter then it stopped working. I could not remotely lock or unlock the car. About 5 mos later I had to have the car's battery replaced (it was time).

I had also replaced the battery in the key fob and I followed the instructions on getting it to work but it still doesn't work.

Now, lately, I drive the car home from work and I park and shut down the car and the car alarm goes off.

I have read the alarm can mean a dying battery (this was just replaced in Spring).

I have read there could be a problem with a door ajar and then rain water in through the sun roof.

I wonder if there is a connection with the key fob (which doesn't work) because the alarm didn't go off initially until I'd dropped the key fob on the ground.

Any ideas what I can do to get the key fob to work again? Any ideas on how I can stop the alarm from going off?

I hate paying for this car every month as it is. No real choice for a couple more years. Has been a great car just these ticks.

Aura2008Ginab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:18 AM   #2
Ssicarman

Take the remote apart and clean the contacts for the circuit board contacts and the buttons to see if that does anything.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
GMCustomerService

Aura2008Ginab,

I am sorry you are having these concerns with your key fob. If you choose to have your GM dealership look into this concern please let us know. You can private message us your name, VIN, address, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership.

Erica Tiffany
GM Customer Care