Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > How Do You Fix This? > Technical Issues

Old 05-05-2004, 10:37 PM   #1
Blkdrgn99

Default Pre-Cat issues

I posted a thread about a noise coming from my engine more specifically fromt he front area of the engine. It's a medium volume, soft sounding metalic sound. it's only around when I rev the engine and when I let off of the gas ( i.e.-Shifting). I called the techs at my local Saturn and they said it may be the Pre-cat, right at the bottom of the exhaust manifold, just before the top of the downpipe. Has anyone heard of anythikng like this before. The sound sounds like it could be coming from the "Pre-Cat".

99 SC2 (SHINY!!)

SPOC-CA
Blkdrgn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:09 AM   #2
Ssicarman

It very well could be coming from there. I have seen a few break up and have heard of a few here. That is if you have one in the 99. Being CA you likely could. Large can like unit on the bottom of the exhaust manifold? If so then perhaps try removing the manifold to check or the down pipe and have a stare up in it to see if the honey comb material is broken up.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:01 PM   #3
Joeybagodonuts

drop me a line, we got plenty of em in stock. Joey from www.6thplanetusedparts.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIVE BENE, SPESSO L'AMORE,DIRISATA MOLTO
"live well, love much, laugh often"
SATURNSPOT.COM ADMINSTRATION
Joeybagodonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:07 PM   #4
jarvy

might be ur catalytic converter, mine made a rattling sound when i revved it. then i cut my cat out and itwas all better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jarvy is offline   Reply With Quote