Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > How Do You Fix This? > Technical Issues

Old 05-08-2004, 01:31 AM   #1
scott_b
Banned

Default *Urgent* Clutch Master Cylinder Bleeding Procedure

Does anyone know the correct way to bleed the clutch system on an early SL? It isn't like any other "normal" hyd clutch.

scott_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:57 AM   #2
sc2_ct

The hydraulic system on the later generations isn't user-servicable if I remember correctly (can't recall the years though). What year do you have?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And before you ask, the bodykit is from:

sc2_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 03:00 AM   #3
YellowMeansItsFast
Banned

None of the above. No part of the system is user service capable. When replacing any part of the hydraulic system, you get the ENTIRE assembly - master, slave, hoses, and dampener. Sorry dude.
YellowMeansItsFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:18 AM   #4
Robert-sl2

On the plus side, it is cake to replace. pop off a clip on the back of the pedal, 2 or 3 bolts / nuts on the tranny end, give it a twist and it all comes out. dont even have to get under the car! Just pay attention to how you maneauver it out of the engine bay, I didnt and it took me 20 minutes to figure how to wiggle it back in there.

(no longer mine)
Proud Owner of a 2005 Storm Grey Saturn Vue
Robert-sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:18 AM   #5
scott_b
Banned

I wonder why my local parts retailer carries only the clutch master cylinder if the system isn't serviceable? Anyway, that matches what the manual says, I was just hoping that someone here knew a way to do it.

I appreciate it, fellas!

Not servicable? Damn engineers.
scott_b is offline   Reply With Quote