Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > General Non Saturn Car Discussion

Old 10-25-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Eli47

Default A sign of the times?

I have sadly noticed over time, that seemingly our world is getting more and more morbid and dark and I don't JUST mean video games. With events worldwide be it the South China Seas,Asia or the Middle East, Africa, and even now in North America. This world is getting deeper and deeper into the macabre world.
I just can't believe the callousness of a person, in walking up to an unarmed honour guard, standing at his post at a War Memorial, and promptly shooting him with a .3030 .
Have we lost all sense of a Moral Code that we are striving for? Or like ISIS/ISOL, shall we simply go back to anarchy and annihilate everything and everyone around us?
Every soldier in the world wants the same basic thing, which is to "go back home".
Corporal Nathan Cirillo wanted the same thing.
Bruce MacKinnon's Cartoon is most touching. http://thechronicleherald.ca/novasco...arts-worldwide

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cpl. Nathan Cirillo shooting.JPG (150.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Eli47; 10-25-2014 at 08:16 AM..
Eli47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
goaliemo
Community Moderator

Youre absolutely right Eli.
This world is getting more dark and sadistic each day, no matter which corner.
We see whats going on now, I cant even imagine things in 5 years.
Honestly, I feel like the only way we (the US) is gonna be able to stand our grounds, is if we just take everyone out without thinking twice. Just do it.
Goes back to the old "eye for an eye" phrase.
You kill 1 of us, were killing 10 of you.
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
goaliemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #3
derfderf

If an enemy is localized, you can try that -- but it leaves chaos and hatred in its wake. Even with Israel and the Hamas controlled Palestinian areas, they've been tit for tatting over the border for months until recently. I'm sure Israel would love to drop a big old bomb and get it over with---but they don't because of world reaction AND because those who survive will breed even more hatred for generations, and meanwhile another anti-Israel terrorist group will seize the moment of chaos and swoop down to fill the void. And the cycle just repeats.

All it does is buy them time.

Then you have decentralized threats like ISIS. Unless you're planing to nuke the entire middle east AND all of its various allies and weapons suppliers (like Russia), it's not going to be a wham bam over and done. It's gonna be world war III ---millions dead everywhere and chaos abounding.

Look at Iraq after we taught them how to fight and we left. Chaos .ISIS now swooping in. And no one dropped the big bomb----but the outcome was the same.

So no matter how bitter and vile your hatred may be, nuking the hell out half the world just kills maybe 3/4 of your intended target group, the other 1/4 are left to regroup, and millions of innocent people die ---including Americans in this country and abroad. And all you've done is create chaos, leave opportunities for remaining enemies to fortify, and bought some time.
Rj--I know you were/are a Marine (Once a Marine, always a Marine), and I am thankful for your service to our country. The above is in no way intended to insult the capabilities, readiness, or will of the American Military. Though I may not agree with the commander(S) in chief decisions over the years, I have always and will continue to support the troops that put themselves in harm's way to among other things ensure the safety and continued existence of the USA.

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:52 AM   #4
cg admin
Community Administrator

The scary thing is the kind of weapons countries have nowadays. They didn't have that kind of weapons during WWI, luckily.
Mankind seems to be trying to destroy itself nowadays.
cg admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #5
goaliemo
Community Moderator

Derf, you do bring up a good point. I personally feel like it has been WW3 for years now though. Everyday we wake up and hear about a different bombing somewhere else. I mean, is there really a point anymore? Or is it to just take people out to feel you have power?
At the same time, if the US would stop feeling like they could do it all, and keep there nose out of others business, that would solve a few issues with our own country as well.
ISIS made the statement that they were going to make an attack from the inside out, and I think that's where the ebola outbreak came into play, (yes, different topic) but if any foreign country does something like that, its no different then a suicide bomber. It is just attacking in a more unsuspected way.

If they had the weapons they have today during world war 1, Europe probably wouldn't exist. It would have probably been blown off the map by UK and Germany going tit for tat.
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
goaliemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:39 AM   #6
Eli47

Amazingly derfderf, after the famous 6-Day war in 1967, Israel held a referendum about the Palestinians in the occupied territories, The question was simple; " Do we retain the Palestinians and give them our nationality (with passports), or do we deport them all?"
The answer was surprising and with a very thin margin.
The response was 49% to deport all the Palestinians, and 51% to nationalize them.
So what happened? you may ask. As elections took place not long afterwards, a new coalition came to power and decided to change it's mind about nationalizing the Palestinians, which eventually helped create a new situation, which was called the "Intifadah", from which all the factions came to fruition and cause this chaos we have now.
Moral of the story, if you make up your mind about something, act on it, don't discuss it further, as actions are indeed louder than words spoken and more powerful than written words.