Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn Aura > Saturn Aura - Technical

Old 07-24-2015, 09:04 AM   #11
imaddicted2u

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliemo View Post
Good information right there, thank you for sharing.
Either way, the tire pressure monitor system needs to get fixed.

I found this on another forum, may be worth a shot:
1. Take one set of aura keys put in ignition and turn to on/acc dont start car.
2. push info key on wheel until you get to the LF 32psi RF 32psi screen.
3. With other Key FOb, standing outside of car, depress both lock and unlock buttons and hold until horn honks twice and driver side turnlamp illuminates and stays on.
4. remolve valve stem cover, depress with any object such as opposite end of air gauge. Remove air continusly until horn honks, then go to FR, Then LR, Then RR. the horn honks and the light comes on each side when its time.
5. THe horn honks three times, you have succesfully reset the system.
6. plus you can view accurate uptodate air pressure in/on the dic.
7. then air up each tire to the recommended tire pressure for your car/wheels.
8. All my tires are re-learned, the dic is exactly correct with each tire and the air gauge. it was easy, and fun, no problems.
Thanks, that's the same procedure that is in the manual. When I do it and I let air out or put air in to the RF, it times out. I've even tried changing the air pressure on each of the other tires while the car was in RF program mode to see if it would accept one of the other tires as RF and it times out on each of them too. I've let so much air out the tires are flat and it still times out.
I'm going to let the dealer take one more crack at it. The same module does the tire pressures and remote key fobs. So, since the key fob works it proves the module is receiving. Given the age of the car, I wonder if the tire sensors have weak batteries and the transmitted signal is not strong enough to get to the module. I would think the dealers sensor tester would tell them if that is the case. I don't want to just throw parts at it until it works. The dealer has the tools and GM info that should allow him to troubleshoot and identify the cause.

Last edited by imaddicted2u; 07-24-2015 at 10:48 AM..
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:30 AM   #12
goaliemo
Community Moderator

Ahh, the post I read failed to mention it was in the owners manual, I apologize.
I wonder if one of them came loose or fell out of place, and that is throwing them off.
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
goaliemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #13
imaddicted2u

Thanks for your input Goalimo.
The dealer can read all 4 tire sensors with his tire sensor test tool. I had 4 new tires installed last week. I physically inspected all 4 sensors. The all were in place and looked undamaged. (The sensors haven't worked since I bought the car a couple of weeks ago.)
The thing I'm wondering now is:
I recently discovered that the odometer is not counting because the instrument cluster was replaced with one from another car with one showing lower mileage. (As soon as I discovered it the used car dealer is going to put it right).
I wonder if having the cluster, with the wrong VIN locked in to it is causing issues with the TPMS.
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #14
goaliemo
Community Moderator

That is a good possibility.
I guess im lucky that the Ion's don't have tire sensors. That would be a pain.

Hopefully that will fix it, and glad to hear the used lot is making it right.
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
goaliemo is offline   Reply With Quote