Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Styling Modifications

Old 09-29-2015, 04:45 AM   #11
derfderf

indeed. No different than buying a used car. Need to know what to look for, what's a dealbreaker, what it will need as soon as you get it home, and then negotiating a fair price.

People do it all the time. There's no real incentive to selling broken stuff that you ship to someone else, because unless you fake a return address, they know where you live.

And if you can by local, you can go and see the parts for themselves and get all toiuhy feely.wit them

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"

Last edited by derfderf; 09-29-2015 at 05:46 AM..
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:36 AM   #12
fenharel

Turns out I have a good connection to a guy who can help with the body work and paint, so I can save a bit of cash on that. Woo!

As far as getting used mods... I'm not knowledgeable on such things, and I feel like people would take advantage of that. At least with new parts, I may have a warranty, or at least some kind of guarantee. I love cars, but I have VERY basic knowledge. I can change oil and other fluids, tires, breaks and rotors, fuel line and pump and tank, and a few other things that my mechanic step-father coached me through. (He didn't seem very supportive of me modding... He works out of his garage and does not have the tools to do the rebuild. So I will likely have to bring my car to a shop, which will increase my costs...)
Old 09-30-2015, 01:31 AM   #13
goaliemo
Community Moderator

A rebuild is the easy part...Its making sure its time right is the tricky part.
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
goaliemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:27 AM   #14
fenharel

After tightening up the body panels, fixing the rust spots and banging out the little dents... I think I'll give her a nice clean paint job.

Aluminum rims (SO MANY CHOICES... Though, I do have it narrowed down to 5 or 6... lol)

Coilovers to adjust ride height.

Then... Interior. And my brain goes to mush trying to think about that. Lol
Old 10-02-2015, 03:35 AM   #15
goaliemo
Community Moderator

Interior is always a pain. Haha
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
Old 10-03-2015, 06:45 AM   #16
fenharel

I know I want to black out the taillights and I found some nice headlights. I saw something called halogen halo. I think it might make the front end pop a bit since there isn't much in the way of custom bumpers or anything else to customize it.

Getting some kind of window tinting. Might save some cash by doing it for myself. Just checked on Michigan law for window tinting... kind of lame. But, I may still at least go for state maximums.

Thinking of replacing all of the dash lights with red. I don't like all of the white and orange. (Yes, I know I have a knob to dim the lights.) Red light is best as it doesn't affect night vision much. Also thinking of some led lights elsewhere.

New CD player, as the old one just... It struggles and skips on brand new cds. Maybe go with something that I can hook my ipod into, or my phone.

Though, for the rest of the dash... I'm not sure. I know that I don't care for all of the black. And the vinyl is still in really great condition. Perhaps some kind of a cover?

Seats and carpets... Eh...

And... this may sound silly, but, I have always wanted shaved handles. All of the doors on electronic poppers. Probably is silly.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:01 AM   #17
goaliemo
Community Moderator

Sounds good.
When I get back from my business trip, ill be making my own projector headlights. Doesn't seem to hard.

Get some recaro or ion leather seats. They do fit, just need some slide modification to the brackets.

Can always get fabric dye/paint for the carpet.
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion