Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > General Discussion

Old 10-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
Bronny19

Default Need help car has no power at all..plz

Hello guys, hope this is the right place for this question. My gf has a 2005 ion auto. Two days ago we where getting gas when i stopped beside the pump the car shut off displaying a car with a lock icon in the dash. The car would not start after 5 mins i tried again i heard a click or two like a relay or something but wouldnt turn over. Then all the electrical power to the car went off EVERYTHING. So i pushed it over to a parking spot. So i shook the batterys and everyonce and a while all the lights would come on but the power would get killed when i tried to start. But now it has no juice at all. No power and the remote to lock or unlock wont work. I got the battery tested its good. Terminals are clean i took the battery out for a while. I chevked the amps at the battery its reading 11. I check the fuses under the hood and steering colum. Im lost .

Bronny19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #2
Bronny19

Has nobody experienced this...
Old 10-10-2016, 05:56 AM   #3
derfderf

Sorry, a bit slow around here.

the lock icon is the security system triggering.
Why, I do not know, especially if the car is running.

NEVER shake a lead acid battery!

Who load tested the battery?

Did you get the battery recharged? You have zero chance of starting if you do not.

You read the VOLTAGE as 11.1 V, not the current. A fully charged, "good battery" should be 12.6V at rest. An 11.1V battery will not do squat.

On top of that, if you still see the security LOCK symbol on the dash, anti-theft system has been triggered. Try the following procedure. THE CAR MUSt HAVE PROPER V TO THE ELECTRONICS FOR THE 30MIN OF THIS PROCEDURE.

HOOK IT UP IN JUMPSTART CONFIG WITH AN IDLING CAR.

--------------------------------------------

30-Minute Passlock Learn Procedure
1. Turn ON the ignition to (RUN, not StART), with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale (icon or flashing security light, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to
relearn the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition
from OFF to START.
Important
The vehicle learns the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch

transition from OFF to START. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the
vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or password.

-------------------------

Follow this to the letter or it will not work. go by the behavior of the light, not your watch.
----------------------------

Is your key a worn down original or non original?

I have also read that if the tip of your key gets worn down enough that it does not make proper contact with the Passlock module pin behind the ignition cylinder and push the pin in, the system will trigger.

Try getting 1 new key made from the VIN (NOT your old keys) at a chevy dealer who should have or can get the correct blank. I say this because of how you said the car just shut off with the passlock icon flashing.

YOU WILL STILL NEED TO DO THE RELEARN WITH THE NEW KEY.
--------------------

Get that battery recharged or buy a new one and keep it hooked up to a charger or another car during the procedure

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #4
Bronny19

Thanks for the reply, i got the battery tested at advanced auto...they said it was good..secondly yesterday i just hooked jumpers and to my truck up to the jump post under the hood. The saturns lights and ignition turns on everytime when i do that but, when i try to start it the starter just clicks rapidly. Funny thing is i can turn the key to ON and let it go...the start will just click and the dash and radio lights will just glitch up and flash till i turn the key back.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #5
Bronny19

Oh yeah and the theft icon display did go away when i had it jumped. (Hooked up).
Old 10-16-2016, 04:35 AM   #6
derfderf

Do you hear the clicking from the pass right side of the vehicle from underneath? If so, that is your Bendix on the starter trying to engage the starter motor shaft to the flywheel.

Assuming you know where the starter is. Check the pink wire from the ignition and the Red thick lead from the battery to make sure the connections are clean and tight.

take a short piece of pipe and a hammer and put the end of the pipe up against the top humpy part of the starter. Wail on it about 10 times (you won't break it.) Then try to start it. If it starts, your starter is bad as the bendix is bad and you cannot replace it separately unless you're into fiddling w electronics. Get a brand name starter if you end up needing one. like an AC Delco remanufactured. no refurbished ****. Buying the lifetime warranty one at Autozone entitles you to a new one every year

because that's how long it will last -- so ask yourself if you're really saving money.

I do not know what you mean by turning it to RUN and leaving it there with the starter trying to engage. The starter should only be engaging in the START/CRANK position and when you let go of the key, the spring mechanism in the ignition switch should put the key back to RUN.

So which is it ? starter trying to engage in RUN or key will stick in CRANK position and not return to RUN when you let go? Or am I still misunderstanding?

Old 10-31-2016, 03:26 PM   #7
derfderf

hello?
shazzaaaammm