Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > New Member Introductions

Old 10-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #1
Chuckie

Default Hello everybody

I have a 2002 SC2 I am looking for a refurbished sunroof. Can anybody help?

Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #2
derfderf

I can.

Close it.
Seal it.
Remove fuse.

These things have a self destruct rate of 99.8%, and all the replacements for the broken plastic pieces have been snatched from every junkyard since 2005. It was poorly designed when designed, installed, functional, and broken. Will stay poorly designed and break in the same way even if you managed to find the parts to fix it .

The only place you might find one is in an s car where the owner(s) never used it. However, years of sun beating down on it will likely have dry rotted the plastic, making it brittle and causing it to snap after 4 uses.

Not trying to rain on your parade -- trying to save you alot of time and hassle that are just not worth it.

You always have the option of rebuilding the motor or literally fabricating replacement parts. You'd prob make money selling refurb kits on ebay, but I don't know how you would qc the parts before you sent them out without doing a whole lot of test machining and installation in a working sunroof jig (or equivalent tester) if you did

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote