Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
LilMunchkin325ic

Default What was your FIRST car?!?

I would love to know what everyone's first car was, seeing as most of us own saturns, the evolution of ending up with what we have now should be amussing......

My first car was a 95 Ford Exploder XLT. I shared it with my twin sister. That thing was a TANK! - totally indestructable.

It survived my property damage law suite long story short - 16 years old - a weeks having my permit-father decides to have me drive to the bank, tells me to turn when i see the one way sign - not knowing where the driveway was - i missed it, and when my father yelled *here* i overcompansate and drive over the banks nicely landscaped bushes, ground lights, and plows into bank sign..... fun fun

it also survived 4 intense years of highschool softball team, summer ball team, and fall ball team equipment, team members and victory parties....

ah yes, when it came time for my sister and i to get our own cars - she traded in the ford for a meisely $500 and purchased a 2001 pontiac grand am gt, and i bought a MINT 1987 BMW 325ic convertable hard top.

After years of driving the bimmer around......the Saturn ION 3 came a callin my name....

SO needless to say, i think i've drivin 3 very diverse cars in my life.....a Ford, a BMW and a Saturn.....

So what have YOU drivin!?!?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SPOC NATIONAL PR Officer
LilMunchkin325ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:21 AM   #2
DILLIGAF

82 honda civic hatchback dx....
that thing was horrible.
then went on to an 85 honda accord, then an 88 caddilac deville, then 93 sl1, then 03 ion2
Old 03-04-2005, 12:27 AM   #3
my99sl1

mine was

1999 Saturn SL1

my99sl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:05 AM   #4
Revolver

I had a 1987 Mazda 323 Hatchback. I loved that car. It is still going (sold it 4 years ago when I got my 01) and see it driving around.

52 Buick Eight - Riviera
95 Ford Explorer - Work Vehicle w/ free Gas!
01 Silverado 2500 H/D
05 Sorento
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:12 AM   #5
PurdueGuy

1. '76 Mercury Monarch (?L straight 6)
Loved it, but slow as slow can be. You thought the explorer was a tank...

2. '94 Chevy Corsica (3.1L V6)
Quicker than they look. Only car I've ever raced someone in. Raced some honda with a body kit & loud exhaust. Well, race isn't exactly the term for it - more like paced. I never floored it, I just easily kept pace with him, cept he dropped back a little each time he shifted. It was pathetic.

3. '92 Buick Regal (3.8L V6)
Pretty quick, decent car. Only prob was it had nearly 200,000 miles when I inherited it from my mom. She hated it, largely because the driver's door wouldn't open from the outside. I fixed that real quick. It probably got up to about 250,000 miles before it quit (not quite sure of the miles - odometer quit at about 160,000)

4. '90 Mercury Grand Marquis (5.0L V
Still have the car, and love it. Oh so comfy. 15 mpg is killer, though. The saturn will pay for itself in gas savings in about 5 years compared to this car. Still, I could ride in this car for hours on end and not cramp up...

5. '99 Saturn SC1 (1.9L SOHC)
My first truely small car. I like the whole Saturn labor-management relations experament thing, it's got the manual tranny, looks great, and the car is uber-efficient. That's most of what sold me on it originally. Now I just really love to drive it, and am thinking I'll be doing a DOHC swap in a year and a half or so...

Next car? Thinking along the lines of an '02 SC2, ION RL, or Mercury Merauder.
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:26 AM   #6
netverkin

2000 Saturn SL2

netverkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:39 AM   #7
ausgeflippt13

1996 SL2...it became worth about $600 really fast when I cracked a rod and blew a head gasket. But much to its credit I was able to drive it for months afterwards, and was able to drive it to the dealer where I traded it in. Seemed to run just fine (w/ exception of the eating a quart a week)...

2005 Cavalier. Nice car, got it brand new for $6500. Looks a helluvalot better than the saturn did, and is a bit quicker. Oh yeah, it's stick, too.

ausgeflippt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:41 AM   #8
yellekkel
Banned

mine was a 1985 240 Volvo. Now that was a tank. I went from that to a 1992 Chevy Beretta GT, from that to a 97 pontiac Grand AM, and then to a 1994 Mazda 626 and now my Ion
yellekkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:58 AM   #9
sl2fast

1991 geo metro, it was like a bubble on wheels, the thing barely could get out of its own way lol, it had a 1.0L 3cylinder the thing was a hog with its whopping 55 horsepower! at 85 the wheel shook so bad i thought i was gonna die! damn i miss that car now i have my 99 sl2 which is a beast in its own way
Old 03-04-2005, 02:09 AM   #10
PurdueGuy

A '91 Geo Metro doing 85??? Did you have a bumper sticker saying "Death scares me not.."?
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote