Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > How Do You Fix This? > Technical Issues

Old 08-09-2005, 02:55 AM   #1
chevyman82181
Banned

Default 95 saturn not getting fuel can anyone help?

ok its got pressure and spark not getting a signal. i tested it with a noid light i thought pcm but it still is doing the same thing. what now it fires up if i put gas in the intake then shuts right off im thinking ect or crank postion sensor whats everyones idea willing to try almost anything thanks guys. can u test the cps where is it located how many wires comeing off of it. thanks guys. need to get this thing going tomorrow hopefully

chevyman82181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:28 AM   #2
Ssicarman

Default Re: 95 saturn not getting fuel can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman82181
ok its got pressure and spark not getting a signal. i tested it with a noid light i thought pcm but it still is doing the same thing. what now it fires up if i put gas in the intake then shuts right off im thinking ect or crank postion sensor whats everyones idea willing to try almost anything thanks guys. can u test the cps where is it located how many wires comeing off of it. thanks guys. need to get this thing going tomorrow hopefully

You are confussing things with multiple posts of the same concern with not all the info. Large sigh from me, I answered your other post andnow this one hase more better info. Ignore the other one because with the info from here it is wrong.

Even the info here is confusing.

Assumptions:

You have fuel pressure.
You have spark.
You have the engine cranking.

For sure:
You have the engine running on gas direct into the intake.
You have no injector pulse as testedwith a noid light.

So.....
Have you checked the fuses? Especially the fuel injector fuse (s). If that is good then have you checked the wiring harness to the injectors?

The crank position sensor is good if you have spark and the egine will run. The ECT sensor will not shut down injector operation.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
chevyman82181
Banned

you r right on with everything. i got fuel pressure. i got spark and the engine is cranking. its starts with gas directly in the intake and runs for a second. i get nothing with the noid tester.. checked fuses that was the first thing i did. after i new it wasn't getting gas. ok i tested the injector wire with a multimeter the wire is getting 12 volts? i grounded out the one side to the body and the other side was on one of the wires did that with both wires and they both get 12 volts?? should that be is it poss. does it matter what noid light i use will they all light up or do they diffrent volts. do u have any good idea what could cause it? i wouldnt think the harness would be bad if i get power to the injectors just no pulse. should both of the injector wires have power to them that dont seem right??
Old 08-10-2005, 02:04 AM   #4
SaturnTKT

Ok.... I had the same problem. You will have 12volts to the injectors. The Pcm controls the grounds to each one. If the pcm wants gas to get shot, it will ground the injector(s). If you tell me the year of the car it would help me be specific but do this....
1. read 12 volts at the injector fuse(s)
2. read 12 volts at the injectors, also check continuety(i cant spell) of the wire.
3. Check continuety of the ground side of the injector plug to the pcm plug.
SaturnTKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:13 AM   #5
chevyman82181
Banned

ok here it is i fixed it. apparntly the module has something to do with it getting fuel. i found a coil pack in the trunk so i tried it as soon as i put it on and turn over the motor i could see the noid light up. i didnt think that would have anything to do with the fuel injector pulse. thanks any how for all the help guys.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:40 AM   #6
Ssicarman

Glad that you got the car running.

When you say coil pack do you mean just one individual coil or the the two coils mounted on the ignition module?
Old 08-10-2005, 12:02 PM   #7
SaturnTKT

yeah, there is a needed signal from there but i didn't even think of that for your car.
SaturnTKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:24 PM   #8
chevyman82181
Banned

it was the whole setup with module and coils i didn t even think of that since the spark was jumping from post
Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
MGM
Banned

Default He means ignition coil?

I think he means ignition coil? I have the exact same problem with my car, it will crank, I can hear the starter, and if I spray engine starter into the cars intake it will fire up then die, not really start.

Last edited by MGM; 08-18-2011 at 06:09 PM..
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #10
Ssicarman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM View Post
I think he means ignition coil? I have the exact same problem with my car, it will crank, I can hear the starter, and if I spray engine starter into the cars intake it will fire up then die, not really start.

Welcome to the Board.

You might be better off starting your own post with the year, model and miles of your car rather than digging up a six year post.