SouthPole1989

DR speedy is also a ebay company so that might by why, also

SouthPole1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #22
paintballmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPole1989
DR speedy is also a ebay company so that might by why, also
An ebay company intake is being discussed in this thread so that might be why everyone knows this.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:04 AM   #23
SouthPole1989

you didn't catch what i meant. i meant to say that it JUST is an e-mail company as in. the bottom of the lowest company and they do what ever they want no matter to who the customer is.
SouthPole1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:30 AM   #24
DoubeD1DT

I have a CP CAI intake system....which was labeled as a Bomz on ebay....but came in a CP box. Its 2.5" and yes I just went and measured. Came with instructions and fit perfectly up in the wheel well. It doesn't really add any horsepower till after 4000rpms though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DoubeD1DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:42 AM   #25
Black94sc2

Default I have an EBAy intake and it is fine

I have cheap BOMZ intake form Ebay and it works great.
Black94sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #26
Black98dohc
Banned

Well I'm also thinking about getting an intake for mine but i also read that it drops our torque.. ****ed up for DD and MPG
Black98dohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #27
russ's sc2

i had a ebay intake if you cut it in half and add an extra clamp you can fix the fit problem add a good filter and it works great but you realy need exhaust to make any power.I also had a ebay srut bar works ok for street some things are jest if its made with the same material knock off work fine.If you want a race car or have tons of cash buy the name brand if you can find it for a saturn as we all know thats hard some times
russ's sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #28
joshp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkiki View Post
Looks like this post is fairly old, but considering the lack of new posts, I figured I'd add to this.

I have the CP Cold Air Intake and it works great. Immediately noticed quicker response and better top end pull. Only problem is, when I ordered this, I made sure to find one that was CARB legal so I wouldn't have to remove it when I had to smog my car (I'm in California). Well, today I went to get it smogged only to be told that my intake is not legal. The highly intelligent and well trained smog technition also told me that my SC2 is a single cam and that was 'part of the reason it wasn't legal'. WTF? I guess working at Saturn taught me nothing huh? Riiiiiight. Dual cam all the way with the valve cover, 'TWIN CAM 16V', and rear reflector to back it up.

I called the Air Resources Board and was told that they have no record of the CP Cold Air Intake EO #D-533 CP-630 (think that's the right numbers) and that it is NOT CARB legal. Hmm. I called CP to find out what was going on and was told that it's pending CARB approval and *should* be approved next year. Yeah. So, point is, it works great, is a good deal for the money, but plan on swapping your stock intake back in when it's time to smog.
AND I ASK CARB WHY THE F' DOES IT MATTER? YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO AS LONG AS THE VEHICLE MEETS THE EMISSIONS REQUIREMENT. VISUAL INSPECTION IS DUMB AND CARB SHOULD BE SUED OVER IT.
joshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #29
dlschooley987

i had an ebay intake and hated it. i ripped off the whole intake system and stuck a $30 k&n filter on the throttle body. works good for me, but my cars for show, not speed.
dlschooley987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #30
sw2cam

Maybe when California goes bankrupt they will take there heads from the dark place, and stop listening to actors on how to run the state ............ just look what they have done for you. Then again, you get what you vote for.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote