Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Performance Owners Club Area - (SPOC) > SPOC - General SPOC Discussion Area

Old 12-30-2005, 12:23 PM   #11
yellekkel
Banned

I think thats what I am going to try and do. Get people together from the surrounding states.

yellekkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:44 PM   #12
my99sl1

like combine the dead clubs together?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my99sl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:03 PM   #13
redturtle98

i'm not in the STC or any club. i'm not aware of any club in my area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

redturtle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:18 PM   #14
AdamSL2

STC is baced in FL made up of old SPOC members ( i dont know anything about why they left SPOC and i dont want to get into any of that stuff). I know they have alot of people from Texis and stuff. STC also has a growing number in PA. I dont see many people from like NC, SC, Tenn, or that hole area on fourms. I guess cars are not big in them states?

AdamSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:23 PM   #15
AdamSL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellekkel
I think thats what I am going to try and do. Get people together from the surrounding states.
Pat was wanting to do it i think it would be a awsome idea. It would give us all a chance to see all cars 1st hand and not on all these car domain's lol. I got to say tho WhiteHot is prob the car i would want to see the most lol.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #16
PurdueGuy

So, basically, here's what I see as the clubs' status:

California - Dead
Florida - Low Activity
Kentucky - Dead
Maryland - Dead
Michigan - Dead
Missouri - Dead
New England - Active
New Jersey - Active
New York - Dead
North - Active
Northwest Region - Active
Ohio - Active
Pennsylvania - Active
South - Dead
SouthEast - Dead
Texas - Dead

This look about right? BTW, I just noticed while browsing through the Northwest region forum today that they have their own seperate forum, that's why they seem inactive, but I have them listed as active. Their forum is at nwrs.net. ([ur]http://nwrs.net/phpBB2/index.php?sid=46d52a2ab34b9acf83064caaa7a77acf[/url]

I was thinking, maybe we should archive the dead clubs' forums and narrow the club forums down to the active ones. Then, in order to try to help new clubs start up, have a sign-up list for people by state. Basically, saying "if you would be an active member in a club in your state if there was one, sign up". Then, when there are like a half dozen people in a state that want a club, PM them all to assure they still want it, and have a process to start it up. Have some basic things to help give them some structure (positions & such), and give them a forum section. If it dies off, get rid of the section after a set amount of time, and that state goes back to having a sign-up list.

What does everyone think?
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:25 PM   #17
Schizzo97SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSL2
STC is baced in FL made up of old SPOC members ( i dont know anything about why they left SPOC and i dont want to get into any of that stuff). I know they have alot of people from Texis and stuff. STC also has a growing number in PA. I dont see many people from like NC, SC, Tenn, or that hole area on fourms. I guess cars are not big in them states?
no Adam, we're national, always have been, just like SPOC

and we're not solely made up of "old SPOC members," rumors like this make both of us look bad

if you guys need the help, we'd be happy to lend a hand if we can in certain areas. I think we still have SPOC-North linked on our front page John.

PA seems to be a problematic area for us as well just because it's so large and people are spread out.

Texas has SERG but I haven't heard from those guys in a while, but out of respect we had stayed out of there.

We've got a decent base in NY, MI, NE, and trying to push for AL and KY lately. FL is freaking huge as usual.

Like I said, if you guys need it, we're here

STC - Divide and Conquer
Co-Founder/Godfather

Schizzo97SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:31 AM   #18
AdamSL2

Schizzo I think we all know that if a Saturn person needs help any other Saturn person would help. I think in good sprits we all like each other. It's also good thing is having 2 diff Saturn group's. Its sorta like 2 brothers trying to out do each other and when something bad haps to 1 of them the other brother is right there to help. I like to compete with people and try to win. I am sure at less some people in STC are like that also. Maybe not in NJ where SPOC is the only Saturn group or like NY where STC is only group but in FL or PA where at a car show a SPOC and STC cars can both be there. As tuners we make are cars look, run , go fast, anything to put us other the edge. When I take my car to a show or, track I not only rep my own car but SPOC. There is a pride in any car group and for your group to be the best.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #19
Schizzo97SC2

You're completely missing the point of my post Adam

It's not exactly like the base of owners/tuners such as Honda or Mitsubishi or Mazda, there's not many of our groups around to begin with.

I thought it would be with happy response that one group is willing to help the other, especially since our dead spots overlap, but I guess that's not the case?

I see a lot of SPOC guys at Nationals every year, and I wish them luck and pull for them the same as everyone else in my group, hell ask Jeff and a few of the guys from last year.

Oh well, so much for hoping for a positive response from that.

STC - Divide and Conquer
Co-Founder/Godfather

Schizzo97SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #20
PurdueGuy

sounds like the 2 of you are mostly saying the same thing and just not realizing it...
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote