Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn Sky

Old 06-08-2006, 05:37 AM   #11
trick94sl2

There's nothing gay about the Sky, maybe you're friends are gay in denial. Those cars have a wide and tough appearnce to them, not the like the Miata that is a homo car.

trick94sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:19 AM   #12
Cool1Net6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick94sl2
...Those cars have a wide and tough appearnce to them, not the like the Miata that is a homo car.
They gave the MX-5 a more masculine appearance. Its not as "San Francisco" as it used to be.

-Cool-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cool1Net6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #13
GoldieGoldie97

agreed, and the mazdaspeed versions are just impressive for the weight..

of course i'd take a redline first , well, a sky really

edit: The Saturn Sky is a “very credible all-American alternative to the made-in-Japan [Mazda] Miata,” says Thane Peterson of Business Week. Peterson praises the “aggressive” exterior design of the car, which he says looks “stronger” than the Pontiac Solstice. Likewise, the interior got top marks from Peterson. “The piano-black surfaces and chrome accents in the Sky’s interior are very striking for an inexpensive American car,” he wrote. However, Peterson points to slightly less sharp handling and shifting as possible downsides, when compared with the Mazda MX-5 Miata. He also noted a number of annoyances, including noticeable air leaks in the car’s roof, and a lack of storage space for small objects. Peterson concludes that it will take another generation for the Sky to “really match the quickness and handling of the Miata.”

personally, i'd take an 06 mazdaspeed over a sky, and i'd do just like he suggested and wait a year or two for saturn to fix the little things. i hear they have several recalls awaiting release..

here's a pic of the mazdaspeed, call it gay, i think it's pretty damn good looking

GoldieGoldie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #14
gibsonguy05

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarEklypz
well wait till someone on here does the LS1 swap... i'd be a sleeper allright. maybe put some ghetto wheels of steal on there with hubs..... LOL

someone has done it with a solstice. i read about it in motortrend. he said if u wanna pay for it, he'll put a vette motor in it, it was awesome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gibsonguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:44 AM   #15
trick94sl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool1Net6
They gave the MX-5 a more masculine appearance. Its not as "San Francisco" as it used to be.
Nah, it's still as queer as a $3 bill as it always has been.

The Mazda speed miata has 178 horsepower, just 1 more horse than the Sky and it's only N/A. LOL! It only runs a few tenths faster than the Sky in the 1/4.
trick94sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:03 AM   #16
GoldieGoldie97

exactly, which shows that with the new appearance and the boosted perfomance, the miata is certainly not just a 'gay man's car'. it'll do a sick burnout and still launch harder than our s-series would. i'd take one, especially the mazdaspeed version
GoldieGoldie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:39 AM   #17
PurdueGuy

The Miata is quite a contender against the sky in the peformance department... until the Red Line shows up.
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:54 PM   #18
RabidRat06

I'd say get the sky....but def. wait till the redline comes out fo sho...i wish i could get one. those are awesome cars.

RabidRat06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:36 AM   #19
xupthree60
Banned

if ur that worried about people thinking ur gay then u are gay!
xupthree60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:53 AM   #20
SILENTBOB SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xupthree60
if ur that worried about people thinking ur gay then u are gay!
Man, come over here and start talking like that is going to get you banned much quicker than at the Sphere. You just don't know when to keep your mouth shut. This board doesn't tolerate as much bs as the other guys
SILENTBOB SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote