Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn S-Series > Saturn S-Series - Technical

Old 06-09-2006, 02:33 AM   #11
mr tibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyllac
2.) I like driving with only the foglights and parking lights on during the day.
So, how did you wire this feat up? I thought the fog lights only come on when the dims are on? I also would like this look.

BTW, good call on the mod. I just did it and it works like a charm!! Thanks again!!!

mr tibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:30 AM   #12
Satyllac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 saturn sl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyllac

2.) I like driving with only the foglights and parking lights on during the day.
My moms impala has DRLs and you can turn the parking lights on with the fogs while the DRLs are still on.

Can our Saturns do that?
The lights on S-Series work as follows with the relay normal.

1.) E-brake on, lightswitch off. All Lights = Off.
2.) E-brake off, lightswitch off. DRL's = On, Foglights Don't Function.
3.) E-brake on, lightswitch set to first notch (parking lights). DRL's = Off, Parking Lights = On, Foglights Function Optionally.
4.) E-brake off, lightswitch set to first notch (parking lights). DRL's = On, Parking Lights = On, Foglights Function Optionally.
5.) E-brake on or off, lightswitch set to second notch (headlights). DRL's = Off, Parking Lights = On, Headlights (High or Low) = On, Foglights Function Optionally.

With the pin bent on the relay, all the above is the same, except that no matter where the E-Brake is positioned, the DRL's will stay off.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #13
juggalocrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieGoldie97
the cops around here will get you for not having your lights on when your winshield wipers are on, sunshower or not, and the DRL's have saved my butt many-a-time. i also don't think they look bad at all, more of a luxury touch
Same thing here in California, plus the new thing here is safety corridors, 50 mph speed limits on the freeway, and lights must be on. My DRLS have saved me numerous times from expensive tickets.
Eibachs/kyb's in near future
Then starting on audio
juggalocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:45 AM   #14
madbrad

I just last week read in the paper that it is perfectly legal in Ontario to remove or disable the DRLs. There is no law in our Highway traffic act that says you have to have them. the only law is the federal one that says the manufacturer must put it in the car during manufacture. In Canada this started with the 1990 model year. So in Ontario you can disable the DRLs, but you still have to have certain lights on at certain times or in certain conditions. That's a good point you made Goldie - if you're driving and it starts raining and you forget to turn the lights on, you get a ticket. DRLs would save you from that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Impala SS
98 Grand Voyager LE
madbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #15
SouthPole1989

sry to bring up a reply that has not been replyed to in a month but my drl relay thing says 1 3 on one side 4 5 2 on the other. but the picture with the prungs is the same so it is the same
SouthPole1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #16
the Shaolin UWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPole1989
sry to bring up a reply that has not been replyed to in a month but my drl relay thing says 1 3 on one side 4 5 2 on the other. but the picture with the prungs is the same so it is the same
Dammit, kid, speak English.

Yes.
14.526 at 98.08 on the juice
the Shaolin UWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:29 AM   #17
Satyllac

Alright... After having my relay set up as the pictures show for about two months, the little green DRL light on the dash flashes a few times when I release the parking brake with the headlights off.

But, everything still works the same as before.

Though I find it odd that it took two months to figure out that the DRL's were disengaged.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #18
Acid
Banned

u are god!
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #19
derfderf

Thank you for the summary of how to disable saturn sl and s DRL (Daytime Running Lamps). Can't say I agree with disabling safety features on a car, but your car is yours and my car is mine.....

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #20
trainford302

I went one step farther. I ran a wire from the bent over pin to a switch in the car and then back to the hole that the pin should be inserted. Now I can turn them on or off, which ever I want. Tom
trainford302 is offline   Reply With Quote