Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > SaturnSpot.com Marketplace

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in buying one?
I need more information 3 25.00%
No 1 8.33%
Probably 2 16.67%
Yes 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2007, 12:40 PM   #31
sc2uned

why yes i would, but that lay out looks pretty good man...

3 engines
2 clutches
1 hell of alot of fun
Old 03-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #32
axe9

I think.. next friday I'm going to order the LEDs for the first set. Not completely sure though. And I'll set it up on my car, and take lots and lots of photos.

Anybody have a suggestion for running the wires from the right side of the car? I think the exhaust may present itself to be a problem. . . Or could I just shove it underneath the heat shield... herm....

What I'm trying to go for with the underglow is a uniform lighting, that's not just in spots like most people have with the cathode lighting they use. That's always bugged me when there's just little bars of light in the front, and sides.

Also, wheelwell lighting, how important is it to you guys? I was thinking, at most, two lights in the wells.. but if it's really important, I can just ass a whole bar. But I'll need to make it all very durable to protect it from rocks, and water and sand from the wheels.

Can you guys tell that I think out loud (in text) a lot. lol
Old 03-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #33
axe9

Circuit boards...

So, got some of the stuff worked over... should be fairly final.

Couple of questions though.

Would you guys be fine if I etched the boards myself? or would you rather I send them to a factory for etching?

It would save me time going to a factory (Boards take about an hour to etch per batch if I do them myself) but it would cost about $35/component if I ordered like.. 10 at a time. If I etch myself, it saves us about $20 a board (about $15 each with materials) So if you guys don't mind, I'll just etch stuff myself. Should save us about $40-$60 on the final costs. So.. yeah, halving them hopefully!
But I want your opinions on what I should do.
Alternatively, I could do both, some homemade, and some factory, but there would be a charge for each factory component. So, probably $45 for the control, and about $10 each for the light strips.. so... ehm....... about hmn... $80 total... but I might be able to work something out with a printer. . . But it would just save maybe $5 an order or something. I'll look into it more later.

Then again, if we did it somewhat like a group buy, I could order the boards bulk, and get them significantly cheaper. Maybe dropping it down to around $18 a board. Depending on how many people pre-ordered.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #34
toytech2005

led, high mount brake lights for wagons would be cool too,
anyone know which led i could use for my side markers and front parking lights without having to re-wire something?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #35
DemonSatty

Im not big on exterior lighting myself, so I wouldnt go for wheel lights I dont think.

I vote you do it yourself.

What about lights in the door panels, illuminating the speakers? meh, maybe not. I guess I really just want to replace the HVAC and cup holder lights. Though a (white) dome light LED would be nice.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:54 PM   #36
axe9

I'll see what I can do with the rear brakelights. I know they are made, Scotty94r has them.
um. For my personal kit.. I'll be putting some lights in the doors and whatnot.
Will shine on the ground to light the path, will be on speakers, and whatever else I can think of.
It's hard lighting an interior without looking tacky.. but I think I'll be able to do it
Old 03-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #37
axe9

Bump.

I think we'll be ordering the stuff for the boards soon.
What colors do people want so I can order the LEDs.