Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn Sky > Saturn Sky - Technical

Old 03-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #1
jonnyrocket92

Default saturn sky billit grill

hi everyone with saturn sky's. I work for a saturn dealership and we have been customizing some of the new saturns. And the other day I had a cusomer come and ask me if we could put a billit grill in her sky, and since Ive done a lot of vues, ions, and aura's I figured yea sure. So we got her a grill and I installed it. . . . . . man oh man. It was the bigest pain in the but. It took me 7 hours to install it. It made very well. the quality was good but the way they designed it was poorly. It is made to go over the black honeycomb pices, not replace them, So I had to drill into the car, and pretty much make it work. I will try and upload some pics I took and post them. I hope you like it. It dose look nice, just a pain to install.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

spoc pa prez.

ex-saturn mechanic.
jonnyrocket92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
bobarry
Banned

I had another idea for the honeycomb grille on my Sky - to get it chromed (for a mere $150).

So I went to take out the existing grille and got baffled in a hurry.
I also wanted to mount an electronic deer 'chaser' in there too.

Do you have any idea how much it would cost for a Saturn expert to 'remove and replace' the grille for me?

Or can a 'normal' person do it with a little info from a repair manual. (50 years ago I wuz a great mechanic! But not today)

bobarry
bobarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
jonnyrocket92

Iwould imagine it would take about 2 hours to remove it. It would depend on how much the dealership would charge per. hr. I do know you will have to take the front bumper off.. If you live close to pa, I could do it on the side..

spoc pa prez.

ex-saturn mechanic.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #4
bobarry
Banned

Default Sky grill chroming/removal/painting?

The idea of chroming the center grille is in trouble. The bumper has to be removed! The $150 price tag was 'acceptable', but the Saturn dealer wants $120 for removal/re-install of it, plus $60 for a new grille.

The mechanic indicated I may be able to remove the bumper myself, but without a service manual I'm reluctant.

Idea #2: I just want the outline of the honeycomb grille to show. I wonder if it could be PAINTED instead (aluminum color). Maybe with a flat roller or 'inkpad' type gadget, to only paint the front edge. (A mistake would cost me $180)

Any ideas?

Bo
bobarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #5
jonnyrocket92

you could try taking a small brush and paint just the front part of the honey comb. I am unsure on how it would work. the front top part " where the emblem is" It is held on with some nuts.

spoc pa prez.

ex-saturn mechanic.