Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > How Do You Fix This? > Technical Issues

Old 04-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #1
Code Warrior

Default EGR Valve

I recently picked up a 94 SC2.. I've been continuing to clean/perform maintinence on it... I took off the EGR to clean it, and the carbon was SO think, that it actually blocked off both holes completely. I cleaned the majority of it out, but my real question is.. on the holes still connected to the engine, if I clean those out, I'm sure pieces will fall inside the hole.. what kind of problems will occur if those pieces fall in there? I've never in my life seen an EGR valve this clogged up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Code Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
impulse93

if you remove the header/exhaust manifold, it'll plop out without falling into the bank. Only worries i'd have (if you don't remove the exhaust mani, or header) is that the cylinder walls will probably be scored depending on how coarse, and possibly start clogging the cat. It's really not much space there, but still enough to have soot to cause problems.

I'd just remove the exhaust mani, and play it safe.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
LooseCannon

my '97 has the EGR in the intake manifold. are the older ones or DOHCs different?
LooseCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
the Shaolin UWP

You don't really need to clean it out...mine is blocked off to keep my fancy intake manifold shiny.
14.526 at 98.08 on the juice
the Shaolin UWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
Code Warrior

Mine sits just above my ECTS, its the california emission one though, I've seen two different types from the same car.. w/ and w/o california emission.

Anyone know if the one w/o california emission will just bolt on?

Code Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote