Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn ION

Old 08-27-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
il_xebius
Banned

Default 07 ION2 QC Intake Options?

I have a spankin' new 2007 ION2 QC (2.2 Ecotec 5-speed). I love it, but need to find an intake solution, since I'm just not happy with the quiet stock sound. Not only that, but I live in high altitude, so the more air I can get, the better.

Every place I have looked, there's Injen, AEM, or Fujita, and NONE say anything about fitting '07 models. I have heard that Saturn reworked the '07 2.2 a little, but I don't know if that has anything to do with space under the hood or diameter of the TB.

If a CAI says it will fit 05-06, will it also fit 07? If not, what is the diameter of the TB? I can just go to Autozone and get those plastic modular parts to 'custom build' my own intake, I guess. I need to see what else I can do without voiding my precious warranty. When I bought the car, the salesman told me they had a CAI for me for like $500. I told him they could keep it! It was probably only for the redline anyway.

Thanks all!

il_xebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:05 AM   #2
goaliemo
Community Moderator

I think I am going to play with my 07. I have a full cobalt AEM intake, and will make it fit on the 07 ion to see how it sounds.
92 SL1-Sold
04 Ion
goaliemo is offline   Reply With Quote