Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn Astra - New for 2008

Old 02-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
madmon

Default Giving them away?

I cant tell how many places online I have found for radio stations holding contests to give away a new Astra. Are they really as good as they look and worth the contest to start with? I am liking the idea of a hatchback type, I have always been one to just want to throw my junk in the back so it seems pretty nice. I am just wondering if its better than the one I already fell for the Vue?

madmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
perfectvue

I guess it depends on your definition of better. If its little and cute and fuel efficient it most likely is better. Radio stations often get whatever the new model is for contests as its a great way to get the hype built. Lots of people who may not have won may still purchase/lease one depending on how much the car fits their needs.
perfectvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
live2drive

Default At least enter the contest...

I don't know about buying one but I'd sure enter any contest that had a free car for the prize! Hey, somebody's got to win, right? That would be a fantastic bonus.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
BC3Tech

they're going to have to. i already predict the car's going to fall flat on its face.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

188.28whp / 175.03wtq -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 10psi
BC3Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
madmon

live2drive thats what I was thinking last night when I watched the first episode of the new Knight Rider. While I may not love newer Mustangs, I could still win it and sell it off if I wanted. Its just insane lately, I can flip through any station on the weekends and someone is giving a car away, Im like wooooooo I want a car pick me pick me, but it never happens.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
Spoot

I must listen to the wrong radio stations because I haven't heard a single contest yet! I would love one, yes they are smaller than the average American car but they certainly have their uses and pluses, of the largest being the efficiency. I hate how much the bigger cars burn.
Spoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #7
madmon

If it might help any since I am not sure where you reside, many of the stations with the crazy commercials are the same ones that run during Thurs/Fri/Sat nights with the specials going on at clubs and the such. Any in your area?
Old 02-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Joyrider

I have heard of these contests, and I am not entirely sure why the Astra is being singled out for this.

My guess is that it's just the car which Saturn is trying to push the hardest right now, and what better way to do that than through contests?

It definitely looks like a nice vehicle, and it has some definite utility and purpose for it.
Joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
madmon

I see them pushing more towards the younger people right now as more of a sporty type car. I don't see anything wrong with that, but its almost nonstop. I am wondering also what the radio stations are getting out of this. And you know when they publish contests like this many times the radio workers and their family's are not eligible for the contest. I could however do with a new free car, just wondering if the taxes would kill me or not.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #10
Joyrider

My best guess is that Saturn has worked out some sort of mutually beneficial deal with the radio companies, but yes...the car does seem to be marketed towards the younger set.

Generally speaking, hatchbacks have been viewed as "uncool" for the younger crowd in the past, so Saturn seems to be trying to turn that image around.
Joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote