Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Products

Old 02-26-2008, 05:55 AM   #1
Born2Be
Banned

Default adding dvd players

My saturn came without all the spiffy addons but I want to have a dvd player installed. Has anyone done this? Is it advisable?

Born2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
jonnyrocket92

if you get a head deck that has the dvd player in it, "bout $600.00" it is a easy install, justlike doing a radio. but to do like dvd in the head rests, it is a little tricky if youare not able to custom fab stuff..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

spoc pa prez.

ex-saturn mechanic.
jonnyrocket92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:20 AM   #3
perfectvue

I've always thought having a DVD player in the car is a bit dangerous. The ones that hang on the headrests aren't too bad and easy to remove should you sell/wreck your ride and need to bring your gear.
perfectvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
jonnyrocket92

well, they are saposed to be grounded by the e-brake, so it will only play when you are parked and the e-brake is applyed. but there is a way you don't have to ground it there and you can drive with it on. I am unsue how this is acheved.. but it is doable

spoc pa prez.

ex-saturn mechanic.
jonnyrocket92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
Spoot

What is the point of having a DVD player that won't play whilst you are driving? Isn't the purpose of them to entertain children in the car on long journeys and so on? Are you really going to use a DVD player when parked in the car? What would be the point in that-you going to sit in a car somewhere in a car park for two hours for a movie?
Spoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
Aboyade

I could never figure out why I'd see movies playing from the front of the car with only the driver inside. How can one possibly drive and watch at the same time? I agree that it is dangerous. Worse than the new cellphones that do everything except wash dishes. Family advocates also have problems with dvd's in cars. While it may not matter so much to this crowd, using movies to keep the children quiet takes away from time that could be spent together on the road. I took a road trip with four other people a while back and something happened to the electrical system so that the radio cut off. Taking it as a hint, I had every one turn off their cell phones and laptops. We spent a couple of hours talking to each other and watching the scenery none of us had seen before. It was wonderful.
Aboyade is offline   Reply With Quote