Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > Rants And Raves!

Old 01-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
stevo90
Banned

Default A Horror Story with a surprise ending.

I bought my first car on July 8,2008.It was not as nice as the car my dad offered to give me-no i wanted this Purple 96 sc2 so I saved up 2 years to buy and insure this car from an elderly lady going blind.She gave me a steal at 1500 dollars i cudn't belive it especially as it only had 101,000 miles on it.Being she a frugal woman it had nothing luxury about it.after only 5 months The car is totaled.Here is the story.
I was driving home from a party at two am with 3 drunk obnoxious friends who i agreed to dd for.I had dropped them off-seven miles of winding country road. I was tired and pissed because i had to be up a 8 when a deer jumped out.Instead of slammin on breaks and i ran off the road-The thinking at the time was i dont want to hit that thing head on and have to replace headlights,hood,bumper,etc.Unfortunatly a mailbox was in my way.i swerve but hit it on my driver side door,so i thought.This scares the crap out of me so i accelrate jumping it to 50 and litterally jump a ditch over a drive way. THe airbag slams out into my face.amazingly the check engine light did not come on but the car would not go out of gear.so i drove home. THe next morning a mailbox is lodged in the drivers side door.THe car had no fender on the driverside because it too was a casualty.
So i call a mechanic buddy of mine and he checks it out and tells me that my car is driveable but needs a radiator.
so im without a car for like a month-when i decided to visit my cousin in Sumter,Sc.As i get out the car i discover his neighbor has like five sc1s and sc2s in his back yard. I walked over and saw a black 95 SC2 in the corner and it has a sunroof-immaculate paint job-and pws and doors.I knocked on this trailer door and a elderly midget dressed in camoflage comes out and i talk to him and asked him about the car.To make a long story short the car needed a motor and a transmission.SO for $250 i got a better car and he threw in a 900 watt amp and 2 12 inch sony explode speakers.I still have a butt load of work with an engine and tran to take out and put back in ,but at least i will have sweet car.

stevo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
nasonguy

Cool dude, a bit of a bummer, but sweet that you scored a good deal on a new (to you) car.
nasonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
my99sl1

and that's why I will never buy used again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my99sl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
nasonguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by my99sl1 View Post
Why? 'Cause it needed a motor/tranny, and for $250?

That's where I got mine, it needed a tranny, owner didn't want to invest in it so he gave it to me, an otherwise perfect 1997 SC2, for free.

Not to mention the savings of buying used. Even if you buy the previous model year, it's gunna be about half the price as new.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
sc2sick

Quote:
that and you never seemed to know much about working on one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
owner
http://sixthsphere.com/showthread.php/89737 - Current build thread
sc2sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
nasonguy

*Whistle* *Flag*
Unneccasary Roughness
5 yard penalty.
Resume.

I'm just joshin' with you guys, lol.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
my99sl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonguy View Post
Why? 'Cause it needed a motor/tranny, and for $250?

That's where I got mine, it needed a tranny, owner didn't want to invest in it so he gave it to me, an otherwise perfect 1997 SC2, for free.

Not to mention the savings of buying used. Even if you buy the previous model year, it's gunna be about half the price as new.
No I will never buy used because, You don't know what the previous owner(s) have done to the vehicle. Alot of the times someone gets rid of a vehicle is because something is wrong with it

Nothing wrong with going with new and driving it until the basic warranty is up and then get another new one.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
nasonguy

Quote:
Nothing wrong with going with new and driving it until the basic warranty is up and then get another new one.
Except the fact that you can never buy a new SC2 again.

Also the fact that not everyone has that kind of money.
I'm in college, getting married, and working full time, I can only afford used vehicles, mine has only needed minor maintenance after the new tranny, in total, maybe 1500 bucks worth of replaced parts and stuff. That's a heck of a lot less than a new vehicle.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
my99sl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonguy View Post
Except the fact that you can never buy a new SC2 again.

Also the fact that not everyone has that kind of money.
I'm in college, getting married, and working full time, I can only afford used vehicles, mine has only needed minor maintenance after the new tranny, in total, maybe 1500 bucks worth of replaced parts and stuff. That's a heck of a lot less than a new vehicle.
I work part time and still can pay my car payment, and no I don't live at home with my parents

Old 01-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
nasonguy

Quote:
I work part time and still can pay my car payment, and no I don't live at home with my parents
Nice, smoke 'em if you got 'em I say...

What do you do and can I get a job doing it? lol.

Still can't buy a new SC2 though....