Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Community > SaturnSpot.com Marketplace > Saturn Parts For Sale - Private Sellers Only

Old 05-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
coilster

do u just sale the inserts?

coilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:48 AM   #12
jdwz28

I can, yes. $85.00 shipped in the USA.
jdwz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:51 AM   #13
jdwz28

[quote=jdwz28;301346]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwz28 View Post
OK. Time for a price change...
$135 plus $50 refundable core. (Nobody is sending cores back with only a $35.00 charge)
Payment only accepted through PayPal. Core refunded to PayPal account payment made from.

Update. I am now making the entire replacement piece.

I have for sale now. Rebuilt/Repaired Saturn sunroof modules for:
96-02 SL
97-02 SC
I replace the plastic cable guides with parts I've machined from 6063 corrosion resistant structural aluminum, make sure the are no other broken pieces and replace any that are. I ship the modules complete WITH motor but no glass. Core or no core, I'll work with you.
There are more than a dozen of these in use for a while now, no issues. Will warranty for one year.
Price $135.00 Plus shipping and a $50.00 refundable core.
Payment only accepted through PayPal. Core refunded to PayPal account payment made from.
Jeff
jdwz28@yahoo.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0002.jpg (293.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #14
stevewitt1
Banned

jdwz28

I have a 98 sl2 4-door. Do you have one for that??

I'm not too sharp on all this stuff, but my roof only wants to open on the drivers side. The start of my issues is that when it rains my roof leaks inside after some time. I've decided the drains need to be cleaned as the glass looks like it seats good. Now with only one side working I thought I might as well explore fixing that (if its the problem) when I expose things to clean the drains.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
stevewitt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #15
jdwz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewitt1 View Post
jdwz28

I have a 98 sl2 4-door. Do you have one for that??

I'm not too sharp on all this stuff, but my roof only wants to open on the drivers side. The start of my issues is that when it rains my roof leaks inside after some time. I've decided the drains need to be cleaned as the glass looks like it seats good. Now with only one side working I thought I might as well explore fixing that (if its the problem) when I expose things to clean the drains.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
The drains need cleaned regularly actually.
In the SL and SC, the front drains exit behind the plastic kick panel. Behind the kick panel is a hard rubber cover that pulls out to reveal the drain hose and end. Each hose pushes in to a rubber grommet that has a cone on the end. I clip the bottom 1/4-1/2 inch off the cone for better draining.

The SC rear drains exit in the upper left and right in the trunk. Same grommet, same clipping for better draining.

The SL rear drains exit behind the C pillar plastic cover (behind the rear doors) near the quarter panel. These are a nightmare to get to so I recommend using weed eater line or electricians "fish tape" to push down the hose from the top and move the debris through the cone slits.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND BLOWING AIR DOWN THE HOSES. On more than one occasion I've seen the hoses blow out of the grommet/cone leaving them to drain inside the car.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:57 PM   #16
jdwz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwz28 View Post
I have for sale now. Rebuilt/Repaired Saturn sunroof modules.
I've replaced the plastic cable mounting tabs with parts I've designed and machined from aluminum. Core or no core, I'll work with you.
I've had a few of these in use for a while now, no issues. Will warranty for one year.
Jeff
jdwz28@yahoo.com
A member on another forum did a great review and Youtube video of a module he purchased from me. Here is the link.
Review: Rebuilt sunroof module & how-to - SaturnFans Forums
Old 08-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #17
stevewitt1
Banned

Jeff.
The only drain that appeared to be plugged was the front passenger. I did however use air.
I guess I'll try some water and make sure they still drain outside.

I watched the video last week showing the replacement using one of your rebuilt models

Steve
Old 08-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #18
Earl2982
Banned

Default sunroof

I am glad that I stumbled across this forum. I am in need of a sunroof module and finding one used and working is close to impossible. I need one as soon as possible. I have a 2001 sc2. Let me know the total and I will paypal you the money today. If you have one available and could ship it on monday that would be great. How long does the shipping usually take. I don't have a sunroof in at the moment so I am hoping that it doesn't rain. I look like a hillbilly with a sheet of plastic covering the roof
Earl2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:07 AM   #19
stevewitt1
Banned

Earl
I just finished installing the module I bought from Jeff. Everything went straight forward. I did watch the YouTube of his installation. I just need to return my broken one for the core exchange.

Steve
Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #20
wbwick
Banned

Default what shipping to VAq

I live in 23111 zip am interested in a replacement module for a 96 sc2?
do you have this and what do you think shipping would be?
wbwick is offline   Reply With Quote