Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Audio Modifications

Old 12-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #1
caveman
Banned

Default Head unit questions

Okay so I have a double din pioneer dvd player. I got a wire harness and kit for it. My car is a 2001 sc1. I hear its not technically double din but it appears to be? but if the opening isn't fully double din I'll cut it to fit. But anyways I went to test the unit today in the car to see if everything was wired up correctly. There was a lone wire connected to the stock cd player (not the antenna). I don't know what that wire is for so I didn't connect it to the head unit. I plug in the dvd player and tried to power it on and it wouldn't come on. I didn't have the parking brake sensor connected but it should power on with out it.... right? Anyways what I need to know what that wire is for. Any thoughts on why it isn't working? And is it really double din or what?

The model of the head unit is AVH-P4100DVD.

Thanks!

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
jonnyrocket92

the "xtra wire" was it braided? if so it is a ground.. but I dnt think that would keep it from turning on.. or you can just try hooking it up and see what happons. the dvd players require them to be grounded in order to play. most car audio install places must use the ebrake due to local laws forbiding you to watch dvd's while driving. but usally ppl just re route the ground somwhere else. but it should only keep the dvd player from playing not the whole head unit. double check the wireing and make sure you have good hot. doth yellow and red.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

spoc pa prez.

ex-saturn mechanic.
jonnyrocket92 is offline   Reply With Quote