Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn ION > Saturn ION - Technical

Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
2006ION3
Banned

Default Leaking Sunroof

Has anyone else had their factory sunroof leak along the A-pillar? I have a 2006 Ion QuadCoupe that constantly leaks. I've cleaned out the drainage channels and fixed the hoses that came disconnected from the factory. After every rainstorm I find almost 2-3 inches of water on the front passenger floor and the seat and head liner are completely soaked. My carpet has been removed along with the underlining. I really don't want to take it to the dealer if there is something I can do at home.

Thanks so much.

2006ION3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
RjION

Clean the drains

All Saturn Forums
Search Option

Shut up and drive.
I have SL2, SW2, & ION pictures in the gallery under SaturnSdn & RjION
RjION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
Ssicarman

Welcome to the Board.

If you have not made sure that all of the sunroof drain hoses are all connected to the sunroof module do so. Either drop the headliner down or remove it completely to get good access to the hoses. If everything is hooked up then open the sunroof and slow pour water into the track areas to see it the water drains out into the hoses and then to the ground. If it doesn't then you get to find out why not.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
2006ION3
Banned

Thank you so much for the tips. I will try them tomorrow so I will keep mu fingers crossed. I'm getting very frustrated with this problem - I am completely in love with my ION and want to keep it as long as possible. The only problem is that I don't want to drop the headliner again. Oh well- it is what it is. Again, thanks. I'm glad I found this forum, I thought I was the only Saturn owner that loved their car.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #5
RjION

This is not a SATURN only problem .........This is not a SATURN only problem, sooner or later it happens to most every car on the road with a sunroof.

Shut up and drive.
I have SL2, SW2, & ION pictures in the gallery under SaturnSdn & RjION

Last edited by RjION; 06-12-2010 at 02:30 AM..
RjION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:13 AM   #6
2006ION3
Banned

Thanks everyone! It turns out the hoses that I had to connect were clogged again. Once it stops raining here in CT, the headliner will come out and everything will be checked over again before the carpet goes back in. I'm hoping that I won't have this problem for a while - the insulation can be a bit pricy as can be a new headliner. Anyway, thanks again, I greatly appreciate your help.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
davidrachlin
Banned

Default Water in trunk

I constantly have water in my trunk after car-washes or rains on my 2004 Ion 3 Quad Coupe. Can anyone tell me how to get to the sunroof drains that go to the rear? I think they're disconnected or clogged, but I don't know how to remove the headliner, or what trim pieces to access to find those drain hookups. I also have no idea where they exit the car.

Any help or photos would be super appreciated.

Thanks
davidrachlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
chilli1327
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrachlin View Post
I constantly have water in my trunk after car-washes or rains on my 2004 Ion 3 Quad Coupe. Can anyone tell me how to get to the sunroof drains that go to the rear? I think they're disconnected or clogged, but I don't know how to remove the headliner, or what trim pieces to access to find those drain hookups. I also have no idea where they exit the car.

Any help or photos would be super appreciated.

Thanks
They are accessable from the trunk. To fix the problem permanently, snip a slightly bigger hole in the drain end of the hose. Problem fixed!
chilli1327 is offline   Reply With Quote